ARGH!!! Damn these wisdom teeth!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by PanteraFan, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Yes that's right, a chunk of enamel is currently sprouting it's way through the soft flesh of my gum. The tips of the tooth are out, but there is still flesh over the centre of the tooth - gonna snap any day, and I know I'll feel it.

Ah well, at least I'll have some more chompers!

:D <---Inappropriate toothy smiley
  2. jaybo

jaybo Guest

Sep 5, 2001
    Richmond, KY
    I have no wisdom teeth... granted they're crooked as a dog's leg but I'll never have to deal with having those things growing through my jaws. haha
  3. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I got mine out when I was 14. The surgeon swaid I was the youngest person he's done the procedure on. The Percocet was fun... (Percocet is a codine based pain killer)
  4. Mine are coming out right after Christmas. :D
  5. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB

hmm... there are a lot of 14 year olds and some 13 year olds getting their wisdom teeth removed... your town must be healthy.
  6. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Really? I am 16 now, and only like 2 of my friends have gotten theirs out... wierd.
  7. I remember when I had mine removed, it was painful. But I got pain killers... I tripped out on them and then posted a guitar thread in the misc. forum.
  8. One of mine has come in...doesn't feel too bad.
  9. I have all mine. No probs.

I have a big head.
  10. Yeah, getting those out was great, since I'm a brass player too. My doctor assured me I'd be fine within a couple of weeks. I got them out on a Friday. The next day, I tried to make a sound on my horn. Couldn't open my jaw enough. Tried again on Monday- painful and no sound, just air. Tuesday, some stuff in my midrange at piano to mezzo dynamics, still hurting. Wednesday, a little better. Thursday, I spit out the last of those self-dizzolving braces and tore the roof off the sucka. I played bass trombone in the high school jazz band at the time, and I roared on low C.
    On Friday, I went back to the oral surgeon for a check-up. "Oh, well, it seems to be healing all right. You can probably start playing your horn again in a few days."

"Sure thing, Doctor."
  11. Mine are coming thru all at the same time right now. I am surprised how little it is hurting. Everyone told me that it would be painful as hell but to me its nothing more than mild discomfort every once in a while.

I had braces so i thank God that they came up straight other wise they would have made my perfectly straight and beautiful teeth all crooked again!
  12. A friend of mine had 14 wisdom teeth removed.

He said it was some sort of mutation, probably from his parents listening to rock and roll music during conception or something. :D
  13. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    He just failed to mention that they weren't all his :eek:

14. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    the good ol' US navy removed all of mine at once. then they gave me a bottle of motrin and i was on my way.
  15. Navy gave you Motrin? Dang AF made me buy my own Tylenol. Seems like the military pulls them whether they are messed up or not. Thats how they get all the extraction training I guess.
  16. Well, I've only got two - the lower ones. And due to the fact that I have a small gum area and big teeth - I need 'em. X-rays showed that I don't have any up top, and with the 2 that I have I only have 26 teeth!

Only problems I have is a case of pericoronitis - where the flesh doesn't cling to the edge of the tooth properly, and I have a fleshy 'pocket' at the back of oner of them. Food particles get in their and can start an infection, nowadays I use an antiseptic mouthwash when I feel that start.

Unfortunately the first time it happened I went to dentist, he ran an iodine crystal through the 'infection' - oh how I laughed!!!!:eek:
  17. All my wisdom teeth are in fine now and I never really had any pain when they came in. When they were first starting to come in the dentist told me I'd need to have all 4 taken out, I wasn't about to blindly take the advice of someone who stands to make thousands of dollars from my pain so I researched it and decided not to do it. A year later they took more X-rays and the ******* dentist says "Oh gee, whattaya know, they all came in fine." :rolleyes:.
  18. I dont suppose you know whether it's true that those guys who fly the tomcats off the carriers get free ray bann glasses and breitling watches?
  19. They do indeed get Ray Bans, not sure about the watches though. But I'm talking AF, and they don't fly Tomcats, that would be Navy.
  20. Yeah, I know... that's why I mentioned the carriers, but I was hoping might know anyway, and it seems I was right :). Just out of interest, what would those guys be called? Not AF, Not just navy... :confused: