Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Argh.. Gas...:(

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Thunder_Fingers, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    ok, i bought an Fender Japan 70's reissue Precision, and well, its as close to the real thing as anything could be...

Now.. i played a 1976 Jazz Bass at a lokal Store, it was the sweetest bass i have ever tried, it was So amazing, and the tone where great(the EBS Drome might have helped there)

my experiences with Fender Japan leads me to believe that their Jazz basses also keep the same quality and closeness to the real thing... and i have found one bass that is very "physical attracting" :p
    [​IMG]

but my problem is that im gonna have to sell my Geddy to aford this bass, but i have a feeling my hands are to big for the geddy, when playing it, i always have my thumb sticking out over the fretboard... but i also fear that im gonna realy miss my geddy, though this bass is aprox the same minus the bridge and the Neck...

money aint no issue, for the price i sell my geddy here in this country, i actually get a little money left...

i dunno what the purpose of this thread is, i need some help...:(

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    The tone of the geddy will be different because the position of the bridge pickup is different. I dont think selling your geddy is the answer. Your hand probably isnt too large, your technique is just a little off.

That blue jazz is cute though. (teheh))

3. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    No, my technique isnt off, becouse i doesnt play this way on my precision.
    both the geddy and that model are designed on the same princip(70's jazz bass..) so they wont sound that different, and the 76 jazz bass i played where the most sweetest sounding bass i had ever played...

4. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    simply WOW..what a bass....... :eek:

[​IMG]

5. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    well, geddy has that badass bridge though, alot bigger than the stock fender bridge

6. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    i know that, and i might be changing to that on the new one too after a while...

BTW, im HeavyBasDude from the GitarNorge forum ;)

7. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    hell yeah! nice to know :D :cool:

8. toad

toad

Jun 26, 2002
    NYC
    Figjam is right. I had the MIJ 75RI and I have a Geddy. The Geddy's bridge pup is period correct, the MIJ 75RI has the conventional 60s pup placement, incorrect for the 70s.

9. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    ah well.. that i can survive... the only time i have used amp lately is at band practice, so i realy dont know how the geddy sound anymore since i havent been there for a month or so...

well i guess ill figure on what happens in the next 4 days... if noone have contacted me about the bass by then, ill just leave it and keep the geddy.

10. Mike McGibney

Mike McGibney Not impossible ... Inevitable

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
    EddietheKiller....

...Jaco from MX. I'd be interested in taking the Geddy off your hands. Can you give me a price in GBP as to how much you'd be willing to let it go for? For an MXer/TBer ;-) ?

Regards

Mike

11. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    A very good bassist I know has hands like picnic hams and he does very well with a Jazz. Whether or not you are comfortable with it is another question.