Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ARGH! I need ideas, and FAST!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Here's the deal. I plan on singing and playing the song "To Sheila" to a a girl I know on acoustic guitar. My plan was to go over to her house, but apparently, no boys are allowed over there. This has put a monkey wrench in my entire plan. I wanted this to be a surprise, and I still do, but I need suggestions on ways I can still sing it to her in private.

2. DONT do it through the im talk feature :p

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  4. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Find a way to bring her to a park or someplace romantic. Make sure it's just you and her (no other friends allowed) and just belt it out like you were in front of thousands of screaming fans.
    If that won't impress her nothing will!!

Do it during the day,like on the weekend.
    Women love a guy who's not afraid sing to them (if your a good singer that is)

That's how a won my wife over!! :)

5. Here's the thing, I don't wanna "steal" my dad's acoustic, nor do I wanna go far with it. She has an acoustic, which I was planning on playing in the first plan, but I think it would be a little incosiderate to ask her to bring it... :-/

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    do it at a music store.

7. Oustide of her balcony.

Or in some kind of hovering device.

8. I'm really serious here. I've worked on this song for 4 weeks, and I'm afraid this weekend will be the only chance I get... :-/

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

Ladders are great anti gravity devices :p

seriously though...a park is probably your best bet.

10. I don't know. Maybe it's a dumb idea. Maybe I shouldn't do it.

11. Romantic Beach set-up....aww how romantic:rolleyes: ;) :)

12. dude, confidence is the key with girls...

do it, you wont regret it :)

13. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Why not just do it over the phone ala Richie Valens in the "LaBamba" movie?

14. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    Why can't she come over to your house?

15. My 'rents don't know about this, and I tend to keep it that way.

16. Smart move.

17. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

Why? Honesty is the best policy no matter what the situation.

18. Agree'd...

19. Get a video camera tape yourself playing and give it to her....or like everyone else said try the park

Good luck

20. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    What are you boys walking about? How is it a good idea to keep it away from his parents? Don't give advice on things which you do not know, like getting a girl for example.

Dude, you're trying to impress a girl. BELIEVE ME, your parents won't be suprised or anything. Hell, if anything they'll help you, give you advice. This isn't anything worth keeping from your parents, especially when it might help you out. Its not like you're hiding a drug trafficing ring from them, its a crush on a girl.

Go to your dad, say "Dad, I'm trying to get a girl to like me. Can I borrow your guitar and sing her a song?" I'm 99% sure he'll say, "Sure son, good luck. I'm proud of you, now go get some!" and give you some advice to go along with it. And don't give me the "but my dad isn't the normal dad, he's not cool like that." Everyone says that, and its never the case.