Argh! I should NOT have tried that Zon...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Sheep Man, Nov 26, 2001.

1. ...because now I want a $12,800 amp, a $13,500 bass and a $22,000 bass. (All prices in HKD. :p)

Damn that GAS. I thought I had it in check until I laid my hands on that beautiful Zon...:p
  2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Resistance is futile, you will be BASSIMILATED!!!!!

3. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    Ah, Sheepy, when will you learn? ;)
  4. It also sucks, though, because the Warwick Streamer Jazzman was sold already. I was hoping to fiddle around on it some more after I was done with the Zon... :p
  5. Hi,

Experience shows that the only real cure for GAS is to buy the damn Zon. Especially if it's fretless. You'll never want again. (At least I don't.)

P.S. I'm half joking :) but half serious :eek:
  6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I agree. There are still a couple of things that part of me wants, but my Sonus Custom fretless 5 pretty much cured my GAS.
  7. I'm really looking forward to getting a Sonus Special 6 fretless when I can get the money together...

I just don't know if I can handle the wait while it's being built! :)
  8. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I said the same thing that day I was foolish enough to try the Squier/Rogue setup.
  9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I've been afraid to try a Rogue amp, because based on the reputation they have here on Talkbass, I'm afraid that I would get a really bad case of GAS.
  10. air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    I don't know of if this helps you but BassNW has one in their Exotic Bass Sale. Exotic Basses/zon_sonus_custom_6_st.htm

I think I could sit and stare at those images for a few hours if I could hold the tears for that time span.

edit: I just noticed its not a fretless example of the Sonus....nevermind though, still makes me shed a tear.
  11. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Dammit air_leech! I thought I was cured of GAS for a while. Now I've got drool all over my keyboard.
  12. Actually, I'd probably buy that Zon from BassNW if I had the money.

But it's probably a good thing that I'm basically broke right now.
  13. Actually, I'm getting the urge to try out the Alembics they have in Tom Lee's, just because they've been sitting there for so long and I can't believe no one's bought them yet.

Heck, people bought the Warwick Streamer Jazzman basses they had, but no one's so much as touched the Alembics or Zons ( one but me has touched the Zons, anyway. :p) and I'm thinking, "What is WRONG with these people? Not only do they look cool, but they (generally) sound a lot better than the Fenders & Ibanezes!"

But...oh well. Looks like I'll be having some REALLY bad GAS soon... :p

And just so y'all know, this sudden urge to try the Alembics came after I spent about an hour looking at the Alembic featured customs...:eek::D:p
  14. air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    maybe the price difference between low end Fenders, Ibanez's, Streamer Jazzman and the Alembics and Zons is what keeps the high enders hanging on the wall, afterall, you can't compare tiny little peas with shiny fresh red apples, can you? (and lets mention that peas cost about 700 dollars and the apples start at 2700).

also, don't forget the Fieldy factor. if Fieldy plays it, those dumb dudes wont care if its not the best they can get for their money.