Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ARGH!!!- Lava lamp fell on my Zon Legacy

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dreamwave, Feb 13, 2002.

1. So my cat knocked the lava lamp over and put a 1/4" crack in the finish. I can see the redwood burl exposed. Can this be repaired? Thank god the lamp wasn't on and broke.

2. so the cat is dead now, right ?

now you know why you must ALWAYS keep your bass in the hardcase when not playing it ;)

3. I know...I know. It was kind of my fault . I scared him of the table. Bass was on the couch right next to me. I just set it down to smoke a butt and drink a beer.

4. You have it insured,...havent you:confused:

5. What would it cost to fix something like that?

6. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Damage to an instrument's finish can usually be repaired without too much trouble.

I don't know exactly how much it would cost, but making a wild guess, it'd likely be more than 50 bucks.

7. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    my cat respects my musical instruments.

every time the classic guitar is accidently plucked he flees the scene.

the bass he doesnt fear at all but wont dare to mess with.

the sax though...he runs like the RoadRunner when its out of the case.
    I hope its not my playing that fills him with such dread.

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    BADP-

Bassists Against Drunk Playing.

Don't Drink and play, or else your wallet will pay (sorry, the slogan mojo ain't working...)

9. Dreamweave,

I was in a car accident on my way to a gig and my Zon Legacy was damaged...dents in the wood, cracks to the finish. The neck was not compromised, thank the Lord.

I took it to Zon and the repair job was magnificant. There was NO evidence it had ever been damaged!! It looked brand new once again!!

Give Joe a call and describe the damage. He will give you an honest quote.

"I feel your pain!"

10. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

If the lamp didn't break, you're lucky! I was gigging at a party and a fight broke out and a lava lamp broke on my rack rig. Fortunately the goo spilled only in the back and did not damage any gear. But the smell stayed in the rack for 10 years. :eek:

11. Tonto_Goldstein

Tonto_Goldstein

Aug 26, 2001
    Chicago
    Becareful Dreamwave, that's how it always starts -your experimenting...having fun, smoking some butt. The next thing ya know, you will have a nasty crack habit!

:D