ARGH! Mistake with a Morley ABY..

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Discount Saint, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Discount Saint

Discount Saint Bassist for the music in my head

Jan 26, 2007
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    Argh.. so I am trying to put together a rig that will give me 2 different fx loops, with a blend. My plan, after consulting the wise gurus of Talkbass land, was to get a loop pedal with 2 f/x loops, and run that into a Boss LS-2 to use the clean blend feature. This way I can have 2 loops that will both be blended clean, as needed.

*Sigh* So I just bought a Morley ABY Switch, thinking that it was actually a loop switcher, and not an input/output switcher, which I have no use for. I was going to run this into the LS-2, but looks like I'm going to have to ditch the Morley now, unless there is any way to use it as an f/x loop. Granted I got a pretty good deal - $30, practically brand new.

Anyone want to buy a Morley ABY switch? :/

2. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    My question is: Why'd you think an A/B/Y switch would provide a loop? They never do. :meh:

Unfortunately, you're stuck with a gadget that's useless for your needs... unless you put it up in the TB Classifieds. ;)

3. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    BTW, this is a for sale ad and is not allowed given your membership status.

4. Discount Saint

Discount Saint Bassist for the music in my head

Jan 26, 2007
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    No, it's not a For Sale ad, more of a question of what I can do with this ABY switch. Anyway, seems I can trade it in at Long & McQuade for pretty much what I paid for it, worse come to worst .. and get that LS-2, or maybe 2 LS-2's.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021