Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ARGH!!! The AGONY!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RAM, Jan 8, 2003.

1. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Just when I thought everything was back to normal...just when I thought the holidays were truly over, Dan Lenard went-a-callin'! So, I picked up my trusty cordless telephone, walked aways out of my wife's trusty ears, and replied to him, "So, d'ya get the goods???" I felt all clammy 'n stuff, but figgered what the heck...

Dan, I'll come see ya' on Sunday, sound awright??? "Sure", he says, as he always does, in that sort of cool tone of his, when he's kinda hopin' to make one more player happy...

And, then, before I knew it, it happened. I promised the missus that it would be my graduation present to myself, and I couldn't get it until 'round the time I don the cap and gown. But, I still put down the fateful deposit, just so I could officially call it my own...

Here she is...now I just have to wait a few months...:(

http://www.luthiersaccessgroup.com/isjerzy11300.html

Here's the stats:

> 34" scale 6-string Jerzy Drozd Mastery
    > Zebrawood top (about 1/2 the thickness of the bass).
    > Walnut back.
    > 1/4" wenge between top and back.
    > 5-piece wenge/bubinga neck.
    > 3-band Bartolini NTMB preamp. 2 Bart soapbars.
    > Gold hardware, including Gotoh tuners. Adjustable string spacing at bridge.
    > Ebony nut
    > Ebony fretboard
    > And...3 little switches that Jerzy added just before this puppy came to the US last month: 2 coil taps so the soapbars can be operated as single coils, and a 3-position mid selector (250/500/800)

<marquee>IT'S MINE!!!:D:D</marquee>

2. Wow.. congrats man.. Seems like you're going to be the first talkbasser to own a Jerzy Drozd.. Or am I wrong?

Hope you get it soon

3. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks!

I just might be the first...I haven't heard of anyone else owning one. In fact, I've only heard of a few even trying 'em out.

It'll be a few months..fer sher...:(

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    awesome man! i've been really drooling over the JD basses since i saw that 7 string prodigy LE with the burl black poplar top a couple years ago. i'm sure you'll let us know how it turns out. you better not fail!

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, dude. i'm going to have to come back up to chicago and check that out. you lucky dog, nice score :)

6. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Well, thankyouverymuch!:D

7. odie

odie Supporting Member

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    if that bass playes 1/4 as good as it looks, Damn, YOU'RE A LUCKY MAN!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    ::WHAP!, BAM!, SMASH!, BANG!, BOOM!::

That's me thrying to kick your @$$ because I am extreemely jealous, but actually getting my own beat instead.

Lucky you!

Peace
    Nick

10. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks!:D

Actually, another big issue to me, one that you could relate to, is that I was going back and forth about unloading my Spector to help finance this deal. For now, I've decided to keep it (although it almost became part of a deal for a certain Roscoe at BC).

Anyway, the 34" scale is REALLY comfortable. I'm moving from a 4-string to a 6-string, and am ALMOST at home with it before I even own it! The low B has clarity and depth even unplugged...it reminded me of a Roscoe! And, even crazier is that I've played about 6 or 7 different Jerzys and they're incredibly consistent! I haven't even found that much consistency in Roscoes, MTDs, and Foderas!:D

11. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    That bass really sucks...

or is it just you?

:D ;) (for people who don't know me)

12. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Um...both!:D;)

(for those people who DO know me;))

13. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
  14. I laugh because I'm jealous.

Ha

now go to hell *grumble*

(Congrats on the bass);)

15. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks!:D

16. Man, what a piece of sculpture. Magnificent craftsmanship.

make it sing.

17. wooohooo!

She`s a beauty!

You know RAM this is totally off the topic but thinking back I believe you are the very first person I PM`ed on talkbass.:)

Usul

18. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Congrats! New TB rule....Since I posted the picture for you I get to play it if I'm ever in Chicago. ;)

[​IMG]

Peace,

James

19. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    It's official:

YOU SUCK!

:p

;)

20. I've always liked the look of Jerzy's basses, and since zebrawood is one of the best looking woods around, at least in my book, you've got something going there. Possibly the nicest looking bass on this forum.

Enjoy!