1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ARGH! Wife won't sell her old car!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by need4mospd, Jun 1, 2007.

1. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    I've been trying to get her to sell her old car since she got her new one in August! She's been out for a whole week now(teacher), and she told me she just doesn't want to do it. I gave her the forms to go transfer the title(it's in her mom's name now), and she still refuses to go do it saying it stresses her out too much. I've given her step by step instructions that just get met with a "maybe I'll do it next week." So frustrating! Yet she doesn't want me to do it because I told her I'd keep half the money myself. I'm not gonna go through the pain of selling a car for nothing! And now, the car is uninsured, the registration ran out, and it's been sitting for so long it needs to be repaired before it's sellable again!

I don't understand women. And if anyone wants a 97 Honda Prelude, it's not for sale!

2. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Ahhh. Marriage. Ain't it grand? :D

3. trick her its easy and legal

4. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    haha :D
    I already had a guy offer a Mesa stack, a Warwick, and two Stingrays for it. You don't know how hard that was to pass up... :bawl:

5. supergolum

supergolum

May 30, 2006
    Quebec
    Crash it into a wall and put a sign on it that say "I told you to sell it"

:bag:

6. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Throw a fit. That's what they do. See if works.

7. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    Well, she just bought me an Xbox 360 yesterday, so I'm not really allowed to pitch any fits until at least tomorrow. But I'll see how it goes and report back here first thing!

8. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Wow. She really knows how to please a man. Hold onto her. Despite her faults. ;)

9. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    Buy a bottle of vodka,turn off the lights,only candles remain,pretend drinking while she's drinking,at the end of the bottle give her the papers. :D

10. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    Great idea! Only one fault.....she's pregnant!

11. Dude. Just. Ugh. :bawl: :scowl:

12. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    now theres 1 question that remains, is your wife smokin' hot?

if so just do what she says...you'll be much happier...or so every man would think so??

13. My wife is legally blind and won't even call a company for a quote. I feel your pain. Unfortunately, you can't force her. You can tell her if the car is still here in x weeks, either so will a new blonde, or you won't be LOL.
    As the for the half money BS, you said you were married, right? My wife and I don't have our money, we have FAMILY money. Her income is 2/3rds what I earn it hits the one account she spends more and has a larger credit card and mismanages resources constantly through wasting things. But I love her.

Your missus must be one hot lady !

14. Hokay...that explains some of it. Hormones freaking out; mind going haywire! I'd say SELL THE NEW CAR AND LEAVE HER THE OLD ONE!;)

15. Classic!!

The test results are in and MakiSupaStar...

....you are qualified to author the man rule thread :)

16. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    Nah, we got 0% interest and below invoice price on that sucker. She's taking that to the grave!

I finally got throught to her today, she told me to sell it and do what I want. Although I'm pretty sure that means I'll be in trouble no matter what I do, but at least I won't have to look at that damn car anymore. :D

17. What trimester? If she's heavily pregnant than yeah, leave her alone. If it's a little bump, just sell the car for her and cop some sweet loven for the trouble! It's the BABY you leave consequences for, you SHOW the baby the MAN is there for the woman ;)

:bag:

18. +1 on the 0%! Understand THAT one!

Congrats on the break-through. Take some of the $$'s you get from the sale and buy her a cute little knick-knack for her new car! That'll help. ;)

19. "Do what you want"? Unless that statement is said in the sack, thats not a break through. :D

She's on a hormonal high or just can't be bothered fighting anymore by the sounds of things. She has a baby to consider and you're stressing her about the car.

A week after you sell it, she will want it back and blame you for selling it :D

I never asked. Whats YOUR motivation for having her sell it given you work to your own money (from the sounds of things)?

20. JansenW

JansenW

Nov 14, 2005
    Cambridge, MA
    Tell her that you'll use the money for the baby!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021