Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Argh !!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AllodoX, Jun 29, 2001.

1. Gee wiz... i've been so friggin' stupid !!!

I told u about my new bass, an Ibanez BTB400QMTK, right ??

Well.. i've made a very stupid mistake..
    I played the bass in the store while sitting down, and i played the bass at home while sitting down..
    Yesterday i went to practice with my band, playing the bass while standing, with the bass in a strap.. and guess what ?

It sucked ! the bass is beautyfull, the sound is beautyfull, but i can't play the bass when it's in a strap.. ARGH !! :( :(
    My fat belly is in the way.. the bass hangs in a bad position for me.. this sucks arse ! :(

so i went back to the store this morning and explained the whole thing. I also brought my strap and began to try out some basses. I saw an Ibanez EDC705, which i also tried.. That bass was a perfect fit ! So i hooked it up to an amp, and... woah ! even the sound was great ! i played with that bass for almost an hour, and it was great.

So i talked to the sales-dude, and i only had to pay $ 10, since the EDC705 was only $ 10 more than the BTB400.

Once again... i have a new bass.. and i'm back to 5-strings.. ( the BTB was 4 strings ) the BTB played devine on my knee, but it sucked ass on my gut :(

and while i'm at it, here's a tip for anyone that's about to buy a new bass : bring a strap !

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    pretty good tip!

i mostly try out basses sitting down, but i guess i should bring a strap to look out:

A)the weight of the bass
    B)any "Sinking down" problem

3. loser........just jokin i'll have to remember that thanks and rock on.

4. Suburban

Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Tryout rules are:
    1: ergonomics fit? meaning standing, and sitting. If OK:
    2: tone fits? meaning unplugged and plugged into several different rigs. If OK:
    3: price fits budget? If OK:
    4: buy.

I'm sorry you had to learn the hard way. Just hope a few others learn from your mistakes. And mine,,,I have remade this borrowed(!) P I use now, to get rid of the neck dive:(