1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

arghh help! (vba400&goliath) no volume

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Discharge, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Discharge

Discharge

Nov 25, 2006
    Got an SWR goliath Snr today, i've connected it all up... but no volume, cant even hear a hiss from the cab??

What can cause this, i've quadruple checked all the wires, tried different basses.

Would it screw the vba if I used my 8ohm GS212 on its own or with the goliath, to test to see if the goliath is the problem?

2. Have you used the VBA before? Do you know its working?

Did you switch the main power on, leave it for a minute, then switch it from standby to on?

Tried taking the back of the cab off to make sure everything is connected right in there?

3. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    not likely to be the cause, but the passive EQ cuts all volume if you put all three bands fully counterclockwise.

4. Discharge

Discharge

Nov 25, 2006
    It randomly started working, I hate/love the fact that it did, thanks anyway guys!

5. Was quite funny, the last band practice we were at, the guitarist though his amp was broken (orange AD30 at the practice rooms, it isnt his so he has some excuse). But the EQ was all the way down, was funny watching him get flustered :p