1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aria AMB-50B/FL output problem - advice needed.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by derrenleepoole, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Got myself an Aria AMB-50B/FL electric acoustic bass. I've noticed a fault in the output signal from the bass to an amp or preamp. Basically, there is no volume or very little from the low E string, but ADG are all outputing fine with a strong well defined signal and tone. Any volume that is there for the low E is very low and distorted. It's certainly not a battery issue, that's the first solution I tried. I can only surmise that it's a problem with the piezo pickup inside. Does this model have 4 separate piezos for each string? If it does, what is the likely course of action for repair? Or could this be an indication of another potential issue? The basses own preamp for example?

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I don't know if that bass has separate piezos or not, but I had that problem briefly with a Godin AE on the E string with a single piezo. It turned out that the bridge saddle wasn't making sound contact with the piezo. I had the same problem with a Takamine AE guitar and for the same reason. See if you can check that out first.