1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aria & Aria Pro II Club (Part Four)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Deathblade Eric, Aug 23, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Canadian APII

Canadian APII Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Ottawa Ontario
    I have to sell a few basses. My collection is fairly varied. Let me know if you guys are interested in anything.
    20180420_190232. 20180421_013847. 20180420_185056. 20180420_184935. 20180420_185615.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  2. megarat

megarat (Not My Real Name) Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Squirt Island, USA
    I hope you're not selling these basses out of financial necessity. That's a tough way to dismantle a collection.

Speaking for myself, I'm not actively seeking anything right now, but there have been times when I didn't know that I wanted something until I saw it. So if you end up posting an illustrated list of the basses you're selling, ideally with prices, one of them might call out to me. (Sorry if that sounds fickle.)

EDIT: thanks for posting the photos. That's a great collection, varied indeed.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  3. Prostheta

Prostheta

Mar 19, 2010
    Pori, Finland
    The mockingbird is a beauty, however I'm certain that it would be cheaper for me to build one than buy and ship it to the other great white North!

4. megarat

Nov 12, 2013
    Squirt Island, USA
    Indeed, that mockingbird is a beaut. Passive, I presume? And the controls are volume/pickup selector/treble/bass?

To ask the inevitable question, I presume these all have rosewood fingerboards? Are you able to ship outside of Canada, given the new CITES restrictions?

5. Canadian APII

Feb 3, 2013
    Ottawa Ontario
    I think so. They are pre cites basses and shouldn't' have any issue.

6. 8letoine

8letoine

Aug 20, 2015
    hello aria club,
    I just bought an aria pro 2 tsb 350 in a pawn shop in France,
    I would like to replace the two potientiometers (vol \ tone) it's 250k or 500k for the Aria pickup MB3 ?
    32430362_10216275505110270_4840732415255117824_n.

Brian D and zuma like this.
  7. TrevorR

TrevorR

Oct 3, 2015
    Near London, UK
    Nice score!

8. 8letoine

8letoine

Aug 20, 2015
    thank !
    it sounds beautiful !

TrevorR, Canadian APII and zuma like this.
  9. Canadian APII

Feb 3, 2013
    Ottawa Ontario
    Opened up a beautiful MB-J pickup from Rautia Guitars tonight. In December I sent Viejo an MB-J1 and an MB-J2 to study so he could build Js. I love MB pickups but I needed a J to finish this restoration. My very first bass. An 84 Special II.
    20180515_001251[1].

Domespeed and zuma like this.
  10. J Wilson

J Wilson

Feb 18, 2017
    none
    Ah, the news from ARIA, the things you can find out on the old worldwideweb . . . .

From their Japanese website, holy smoke, don't know if these are Japan only or some for export as well:

http://www.ariaguitars.com/jp/items/basses/sb-selected-wood-series/

Some of these have maple fingerboards on top of bubinga/wenge neckthru. That's a new one on me, whew . . . . .

. . . . and then, from their 'global' website, news of yet another US distributor. We'll see . . . . .

ARIA GUITARS ANNOUNCE NEW PARTNERSHIP IN USA – Aria Guitars

. . . . . and presumably, the SB's that would be available from the new distributor:

SB SERIES – Aria Guitars

I really, really dig the SB1000/2 in blue, if only they'd have gone back to the 'oval eye' inlays. SB 5-string too, yippee !!

zuma likes this.
  11. megarat

Nov 12, 2013
    Squirt Island, USA
    The SB-SW line is domestic (Japan) only, but you can find vendors who will ship them internationally. Many of them are available on eBay, so they’re quite accessible, should you feel inclined to scratch that itch. That said, Some of these basses have bubinga or other CITES-restricted wood(s) in the neck, so you should be cautious when purchasing one.

If you’re curious, I made an interminable, photo-rich post on the prior page, showing my pair of SB-SWs, which I modded to include Alembic electronics. They’re wonderful basses.

zuma likes this.
  12. J Wilson

J Wilson

Feb 18, 2017
    none
    Mega, those are seriously fine axes. So tell me, are those AXY's or did you go with FatBoys ? Either way, what a wonderful set of SB's. And you hit on an often unspoken truth: The original menu SB's with the Ash wings can get pretty heavy . . . . .

13. megarat

Nov 12, 2013
    Squirt Island, USA
    Much obliged. The Alembic electronics I used are stock Signature kits, so they have AXY pickups.

On these two basses, the fifth (bridge-most) knob is a dummy, just to plug the fifth hole that was originally on the bass to accommodate the Bartolini electronics. I jokingly refer to it as my "talent knob", which I can adjust according to how well I'm playing. (EDIT: I usually need to turn it up.)

Last edited: May 17, 2018 at 2:46 PM
    zuma likes this.
  14. Canadian APII

Feb 3, 2013
    Ottawa Ontario
    I need to find one of those "suck"knobs. Then I could dial out suck.

megarat likes this.
  15. megarat

Nov 12, 2013
    Squirt Island, USA
    Exactly! I sometimes call mine the "suck control" as well. ("Oh, no wonder I screwed that up, my suck control was at full gain. Let me fix that.")

I can't for the life of me call it the "suck knob", it just sounds too lewd.

16. zuma

zuma

Dec 21, 2006
    East Los Angeles
    suck_knob.

An oldie but a goodie.

megarat, Canadian APII and Domespeed like this.
  17. johnnyc94

johnnyc94

Today
    Thats thread I was looking for a long time! HI!
    I've got opportunity to get Aria Pro 2 RSB for 100$ but I dont know which model is it. I cant figure out what kind of pickups it has. It looks like RSB Formula, but headstock is different. From the other hand, headstock match RSB Standard, but pickups doesnt (or maybe there was few options for it?).
    3 way switch
    2 knobs
    2 pickups
    Still hard to determine what is it...
    Could you help me identify it?
    aria2.
    aria. aria4. aria3.