1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aria basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by patrickroberts, Apr 15, 2001.

1. patrickroberts

patrickroberts

Aug 21, 2000
    Wales, UK
    Whats' the word on the street on Aria basses, good, bad or just damn ugly?

2. I have an 80's era Aria Pro II active bass, and I think its damn good, not like the expensive basses of course, but its good looking and god sounding.

3. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I have one of those "god" sounding Aria Pro II's (Thor). It's an 80's era TSB; Thor Sound Bass. Mine is a nice bass, neck thru, plays really well, sounds good. They make some nice ones and some cheapies. You can decide how damn ugly it is.

//albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1014280&a=7472462&p=26018794

4. I have a Aria Pro II SB1000 and I think it's a very nice bass indeed. Really easy to play because of the strings are so close together at the bridge (can be a problem when slapping it). Nice sound to, but mayby to harsh in the mids. I would never sell it though!

5. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    I've never owned one but I've played a few and they seem to be pretty nice instruments for the mid range category. I'd buy one over a Fender, myself, if I had a choice.

6. sluggy

sluggy

Apr 24, 2001
    I just bought an Aria a few weeks ago. Pretty cheap, and well, pretty damn good to play. Strings are a bit hard on the fingers, but still no bad!
    It aint ugly either!