Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aria Metal Madness

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Pantsman, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Hello all,

Yesterday marked the day when i bought my first effect pedal, the Aria Metal Madness. I tried it in the store as well as a Danelectro Wasabi Distortion, which was quite dissapointment IMO. The Aria doesn't really do anything but in yer face fuzz but thats all i want, the best bit however is the range of tones from this! With Low and high cut/boost on one concentric knob and Mid freq(200Hz - 5Khz)/Level on another, Gain and Level round out the knobs. :p

Built very well, i would never expect it to break, ever!

Ohh i forgot, it only cost me AU$85 whereas the Boss Metal Zone is $239'ish.

2. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    nice man! australia sucks for music gear prices. my motto is: never buy in store.. of course that does mean you cant go in there and try everything out!

3. I did buy it from the store :D 3 year warranty, and 2 free 3 foot cables :p

4. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    which store was that? i thought australian stores only carried boss, digitech, and line 6? or maybe thats just perth stores..

5. Billy Hyde's in the Valley in Brisbane, they also have EHX, Danelectro and MXR, plus a very others. They also stock one or two bits of Mesa gear (Big Block head = $4500!!!).

6. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    ah yeah hyde's has an online store that ive looked at before. its ok.. but i remember seeing big muffs for like $200 AU or something stupid, and thats about when i stopped looking. we have mesa's and ampegs at kosmic (kosmic.com.au) that sell for stupid prices too..