Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

aria pro 2

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by basstom234, Nov 1, 2003.

1. basstom234

basstom234

Nov 1, 2003
    hey i bought an aria pro2 avb-50 just wandering ifs a good bass and do you know how much they go for??? thanks

2. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    Turkey-Istanbul
    I know that their guitars and guitar amps are pretty lame.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ive never heard of that model before and i searched on the internet and found very little info about it. Being that it is an Aria i wouldnt expect it to be worth over $300. How much did you pay?

4. demolition

demolition Guest

Jul 5, 2003
    Conn.
    I found an ARIA PRO II STRAYCAT model in an old guys pawn shop,i got it for 35.00$ and ran home with what i thought was a vintage bass to be.
    I found out it was only made for one year(my perticular model)and it was one of the early 80's japanese exports,so i believed it to be a bass to go up in value over time.
    It was a 9.5 out of 10 in condition,and it sounded just like a p-bass,everything was in perfect condition.
    So i proceeded to go have it appraised by people i trusted and some i that i did'nt,and i got 6 different prices,60.00$,65.00$,75.00$,90.00$,100.00$,and a very low ball one of 35.00$(the very price i paid).
    So aside from the value that a person who collects these basses mite give for it,its resale value is poor,so i traded it along with a Fender Squier jazz bass for a lovely Peavey Fury P-Bass copy.
    Now take my little story the wrong way,i loved this little bass,it had some b@lls to boot and some great frett-work(the japanese aways take pride in the frett-work)but a work horse bass it was not,aside from the neck moving as much as a Gypsy its a great beginner bass and back-up bass at the most.
    I spent alot of time re-searching this bass and what i'm giving you here is more than i was able to put together for all my trouble and time.
    Enjoy it for what its worth,and who knows in 25 years it may go up in value.:D

5. Steve Baily has collaborated with Aria. This collaboration lead to the creation of Aria's AVB-SB series basses and Seymour Duncan's Basslines® pickups.

These basses are used by pro's all over the world.

Check out Steve's site and see what you can find out about your bass.

http://www.stevebaileybass.com/main.html

SIDE NOTE;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The boys would like to invite you to 4 days of serious bass study. This program is designed for the professional (or aspiring professional) bassist, as well as the advanced player who, by fate or choice, still has a day-gig. 10 hours of bass each day includes concerts (by us AND you) , master classes, panel discussions and plenty of "hang time" with us and our colleagues. Master Class topics include...
    1. Right and left hand techniques including open-hammer-pluck, 2+3 finger alternation, extended fingerings.
    2. Improvisation
    3. Groove playing
    4. Rhythm section concepts
    5. Reading proficiency.
    6. Many other techniques that can get you fired from virtually any gig.

[​IMG]
    Treena

6. Hey Treena, any idea on how much this 'Master Class' costs? I couldn't find anything on the Steve Bailey site. :confused:

7. Here's the rest of the info.
    The Bass at the Beach campus will be the luxurious Sea Islands Inn in Myrtle Beach South Carolina. Each "dorm room" will overlook the sand and surf. Tennis, Golf and other Beach activities are options if you can find time between lessons, concerts and practice. Healthy, nutritious meals will be catered on campus.

Our program is accredited and 2 hours college credit is available to qualified students.
    Enrollment will be limited to 50 serious students and they will be selected after a careful review of BATB applications and then a very short audition tape or CD.

Bass at the Beach is scheduled for February 25-29, 2004. We are looking at an all inclusive tuition of 1000.00-1200.00 (includes everything except transportation to MB). Please e-mail us with your potential interest and comments so we can begin solidifying a schedule.

steve@stevebaileybass.com

Emali Steve at the Addy above.

[​IMG]
    Treena

8. Right On. Tennis, Golf and other Beach
    activities in February! :D Maybe South Carolina is kinda warm. Thanks...