Aria Pro II 5 String Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Introvox, May 21, 2001.

1. Introvox

May 21, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    Just wondering what your comments on Aria Pro II Basses

I have a 1990 APII Magna Series 5 String (MAB 20/5)

and I absoultely love it!!!! as do other bass players who have tried it....has a sort of Ricky sound to it

Let me know
  2. Hey Intravox!
    I think you made a wise choice. I've had a couple of Aria Pro IIs and they've always been great. My first bass was an 88 model active Aria Pro II 4 string. I was told that it had had a working life, as its previous owner had used it in a hard rock band. It was a great looking bass (dark metallic blue) and after slapping on some new strings it played like a dream. I still play it on occasion.
    A couple of weeks ago, I was lucky enough to pick up another Aria. It is 21 years old but still sounds excellent and looks good, even though at some time in its life its neck was broken. It was professionly repaired, but after all these years whatever they do to 'glue' the wood together is beginning to crack, so im thinking of fully restoring it and customising it. When I bought my Soundgear I told the guy at the store about this old Aria and he was pretty interested in buying it off me and restoring it himself. I was talking to him for a while about old Aria's and his experience taught him that when Aria's are good, they are very good, but when they are bad, theyre f***ing bad. My experience has only been with good ones, which yours is.