Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aria Pro II Avante Series

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ttekulve, Nov 19, 2004.

1. I have a dumb question.
    I own a lot of nice basses, Spector, Rickenbacker, Tobias, Fender, Ibanez, Hofner, Yamaha... But the other day I saw this fretless 4 srting Aria Pro II. The headstock says Avante Series, but it lookks nothing like The Steve Bailey bass, First it;s woodtone. Has a P bass neck pick up and a Jazz bridge pickup. 3 knobs Vol, Vol, Tone. Small boby, bolt on neck.. very thin. It was a mess, but I fixed the neck in the store and it play beautifully. And oddly enough it sounds great!!!

I paiid $175 for it. Just as a play thing. I dopn't have any fretless basses besides my upright. Does anyone know anything about these basses. When made, is it part of the SteveBaily Avante series? I can't find it on Aria's website or anywhere else.

Let me know if you guys have any info on this fun little bass.

Tom T

2. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Can't help you, but just wanted to point out that you posted twice. It'd probably be easier for you and others if you deleted one (just do edit post and select delete).

Cheers,
    Marshall

3. tomd03

tomd03

Oct 8, 2004
    Alberta Canada
    I have an Aria Pro II Rev-sound bass and I had never seen a nicer looking bass for the price, i picked it up for about 200 and it's a great neck-thru dual pickup bass..anyways, just try searching through google, that's what I did and found a bit about mine.