SOLD Aria Pro II Avante Steve Bailey Signature 6-String fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Mik Walker, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Mik Walker

Mik Walker Supporting Member

Dec 26, 1999
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Here is a really nice Aria Pro II Avante Steve Bailey fretless 6 for your consideration.

• 34" scale
    • String spacing at bridge 17mm
    • Nut width 50mm
    • Neck width at 12th "fretline" position 77.75mm
    • Basslines Pickups
    • Maple neck
    • Dual trussrods
    • Ebony board
    • 9v pre-amp with mid-boost
    • Very clean condition
    • Includes Kaces III padded gigbag
    I believe the pre-amp is the original but that another pre was fitted at some point. There are two holes neatly plugged next to the three existing pots. Controls are volume with pull-switch mid boost, pan, stacked treble & bass cut/boost.

Setup is pretty low and the neck is straight and true. Very comfortable neck and board. Dual truss rods allow for fine neck adjustment if required.
    Nice range of tones available, will go from polite to thunderous with ease...

Very easy to play thanks to the slim-ish neck profile. Not completely sure of the body wood. Looks like ash but has a somewhat alder-ish vibe to it tonally.

One or two very minor scuffs here and there but no major dings and the neck and board are in perfect condition. Very, very subtle slight winding marks on the board but absolutely nothing you can feel. There is a tiny melted edge to the scratchplate next to the lower front corner of the bridge pickup. See photo. No idea what this is about. Soldering iron? Cigarette burn? Unnoticeable without binoculars and a fine-toothed comb...

This is a great bass for the money and if other projects were not calling I would keep this without hesitation. It has served me well!

Price does not include shipping. Looking for a US sale please.

No trades unless you have something truly spectacular against which you would accept this as a partial trade.

Thanks for looking. IMG_5811.JPG IMG_5812.JPG IMG_5815.JPG IMG_5817.JPG IMG_5819.JPG IMG_5820.JPG IMG_5824.JPG IMG_5826.JPG

Mik

Alembic83 and TolerancEJ like this.
  2. Mik Walker

Dec 26, 1999
    In action.....
    Bailey in Action.jpg

3. who

who

Apr 20, 2007
    Maryland
    I've always thought these were cool, but I've never had the chance to try one. I know they can be pretty heavy; any idea of the weight of this one?

bebi, Mik Walker and Brother Goose like this.
  4. Mik Walker

Dec 26, 1999
    11lbs 9oz. Not the lightest in the world but only the second heaviest of the 4 fretless 6ers I currently own. I've done 3-hour plus sets with this and it balances well enough not to be an issue, for me at least. If you are looking for a light-weight fretless 6 look out for the Wood & Tronics Zoid I will be posting shortly, that one comes in at under 10 lbs....

5. HubbardsFate

HubbardsFate

Oct 18, 2006
    I've always liked the looks of the Steve Bailey Aria Pro IIs, one of the nicest tobacco sunbursts around in my opinion...and although I'm generally not a fan of tort pickguards, the one on this bass somehow works...:cool::bassist:

I'm thinking of taking the fretless plunge at some point, and when and if I do, it might very well be a 6, as a large part of my reasoning to go with a 6 would be to do more melodic/upper-register stuff.

Good luck with the sale...I shall envy the buyer...:drool:

Mik Walker likes this.
  6. Mik Walker

Dec 26, 1999
    Thanks! The Aria has served me well....

TolerancEJ likes this.
  7. lfmn16

lfmn16 Inactive

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    Sweet!

Mik Walker likes this.
  8. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    I had one like this, really cool bass!

Mik Walker likes this.
  9. moon-bass

moon-bass They call me El Jefe Supporting Member

May 10, 2004
    USA, New Orleans
    This is one of the few basses that I bought, then sold, then bought again. Killer bass, glwts!

Mik Walker likes this.
  10. Mik Walker

Dec 26, 1999
    Thanks!

11. HubbardsFate

HubbardsFate

Oct 18, 2006
    One of those "how the heck is this one still here" basses...:wideyed: