Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aria Pro II IBG 65

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thebug, Dec 12, 2001.

1. Hey,
    first of all I'm new to this board so hello everyone! second I just bought myself a new bass, to be precise the Aria Pro II IBG 65 and I have to say this bass plays great! it looks good and has a great sound, anyone else here that plays Aria and what is your opinion on them?

2. welcome to the forum! :)

if the Aria Pro II is good enough for Cliff Burton, then it must be pretty good ;)

3. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk

Oct 10, 2001
    Virginia
    I have an Aria Pro II that I bought back in 1985.
    It kicks ass.

4. I have always been wondering about that bass! whats the tone like? How light is it? Bet its a really bueaty! Congrats

5. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    i got a cheeeeeeap aria pro II, a black six string, cost me £350 new. thats all i know about it.
    ne-one got any pics of arias they got?
    or any info on mine?

6. I actually made a little mistake, I have got the Aria Pro II IGB 68 model, it's identical to the IGB 65 but it has a better EQ in my opinion. I think that Aria basses are quite underrated they're very good, especially if you look at the price (I paid about $790 for mine, normal retail price is $859.99).
    I had to choose between an Ibanez and the Aria bass and the Aria sounded much better IMO, so check 'em out when shopping for a new bass!

Here are some pics (I have got the black one).

7. forgot one pic there, here is the other one...

8. Festus

Festus

Dec 12, 2001
    London, England.
    My second bass was a 1994 Aria Pro II Integra (lefty)
    It was black, had a p/j pup set-up, 24 frets and weighed nothing!
    Then I whacked the EMG p/j pups in there and went to town with a low end that worries the whales out in the Atlantic!
    Problem was though, because it was 24 fret and had a really long neck, the neck was quite unstable and tended to soak up alot of sustain.
    I de-fretted it and have now restrung it with 60/80/100/120 and tuned it BEAD. Sounds good and low and is great for playing 'My Name Is Mud' on!
    :D