Aria Pro II Japan - what model?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Suckbird, May 10, 2005.

1. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004

I found this one on a swedish used site and it goes for about 300$!!
    That's way cheap, but i dont know anything about it..
    Is it worth getting?
  2. Don't know the exact model but it looks like the one Billy Gould used to play in Faith No More.
  3. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    hmm. dont know that guy, but if someone proffesional use it then it must be good :p
  4. mcbrat

mcbrat Electra Outlaw

Dec 22, 2004
  5. 5stringsrus

Feb 18, 2005
    I've got the 5 string jazz version of that with SD Basslines Jazz pickups in it. It has has a lovely thin neck with a very warm jazzy tone. It's pretty mellow and quiet though so I've bought a Stingray 5 and converted the Aria to a piccolo bass for a laugh (and I can't bring myself to sell it). I bought mine secondhand about 7 years ago for 400 (Euro) and the guy said it was about 3 years old at the time. For $300 you couldn't go wrong with one.
  6. Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York

He played a neck-thru(that bass has a bolt-on neck) Aria Pro II(the Superbass Series) from the Early 80's(high-quality Japanese Alembic knock-offs from the Matsumoku factory). Cliff Burton(Metallica) and John Taylor (Duran Duran) used the neck-thrus as well. That bass is NOT one of these. It is worth about $250 U.S. dollars. I'll sell you my Aria Pro II Superbass... NEVER!!!