Aria Pro II Magna Series?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Minibenit, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Minibenit

Oct 10, 2004
    Anyone got any info about that bass? Comments?
  2. Minibenit

Oct 10, 2004
    Anyone? I would be grateful.
  3. waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA

It helped me with my old Aria Pro II.
  4. black math

black math

Aug 30, 2004
    I used to play one for years. I never had a problem with it, nice neck, no bits falling off etc.

however, it was cheap. so... good cheap bass, but don't go expecting the world from it....

you might be talking about an earlier one though...
  5. Bigwan

Feb 22, 2002
    Ballymena (hey)
    I have a couple of these, namely the MAB 20/5 5 string and an MAB 40 active 4 string. Both are over 10 years old. I didn't like the active circuit in the '40 at all, so I took it out and used/use the bass passive. It has since been defretted and I just use it for playing around the house. It's neck is a little thin for my liking, but that's probably just me. The B string on the 20/5 wouldn't be the best in the world.

They're great basses for the money but, as has already been said, don't expect the world from them.
  6. Is it a bad idea to buy a cheap bass like this (assuming the neck isn't warped, and a decent setup is possible),
    and then upgrade the pickups and customize it to taste?

Can one turn a $30 junker (broken output jack) into a kick ass bass?

I'm thinking that repairing and upgrading something like this would be a much cheaper way to get my hands dirty with custom bass building than getting a Warmoth body & neck.