Aria Pro II Magna Series?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Minibenit, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Minibenit

Minibenit

Oct 10, 2004
    England
    Anyone got any info about that bass? Comments?

2. Minibenit

Minibenit

Oct 10, 2004
    England
    Anyone? I would be grateful.

3. waxcomb

waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    therathole.org/guitars/models/models.html

It helped me with my old Aria Pro II.

4. Minibenit

Minibenit

Oct 10, 2004
    England
    Thanks

5. black math

black math

Aug 30, 2004
    I used to play one for years. I never had a problem with it, nice neck, no bits falling off etc.

however, it was cheap. so... good cheap bass, but don't go expecting the world from it....

[​IMG]

you might be talking about an earlier one though...

6. Bigwan

Bigwan

Feb 22, 2002
    Ballymena (hey)
    I have a couple of these, namely the MAB 20/5 5 string and an MAB 40 active 4 string. Both are over 10 years old. I didn't like the active circuit in the '40 at all, so I took it out and used/use the bass passive. It has since been defretted and I just use it for playing around the house. It's neck is a little thin for my liking, but that's probably just me. The B string on the 20/5 wouldn't be the best in the world.

They're great basses for the money but, as has already been said, don't expect the world from them.

7. Is it a bad idea to buy a cheap bass like this (assuming the neck isn't warped, and a decent setup is possible),
    and then upgrade the pickups and customize it to taste?

Can one turn a $30 junker (broken output jack) into a kick ass bass?

I'm thinking that repairing and upgrading something like this would be a much cheaper way to get my hands dirty with custom bass building than getting a Warmoth body & neck.