Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aria Pro II question...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SlapDaddy, Nov 23, 2002.

1. SlapDaddy

SlapDaddy

Mar 28, 2000
    A friend left this bass with me as he was going to China for an extended visit and said 'sell it or play it'
    I 've never seen one before and was shocked at how well it played and sounded. It is a 7 peice neck-through with a single soapbar pickup. It is very clean. Anybody here know this bass? Thanks...

2. SlapDaddy

SlapDaddy

Mar 28, 2000
    Yup, thanks!

3. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I have an Aria Pro II that is very similiar to that one. Mine is a TSB (Thor Sound Bass). It looks just like that one at Bunny Bass (minus the rotary switch). It is a very nice instrument. It has the lowest action and fastest neck of any of my basses.

4. SlapDaddy

SlapDaddy

Mar 28, 2000
    Turock, this bass has a wonderfully fast neck but the sound really amazes me. The serial number is 100124 which is probably an old one. I have no idea what the market value is.

5. I have one too. Keep it, you'll love it. I put DR Marcus Miller Strings on mine, and, wow, what a great sound.

6. arambass

arambass

Jul 3, 2002
    dfw
    yup thats an aria sb1000 probably from around 78-88 was aria 's top of the line model. john taylor from duran duran played one