1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aria Pro II question...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SlapDaddy, Nov 23, 2002.

1. SlapDaddy

SlapDaddy

Mar 28, 2000
    A friend left this bass with me as he was going to China for an extended visit and said 'sell it or play it'
    I 've never seen one before and was shocked at how well it played and sounded. It is a 7 peice neck-through with a single soapbar pickup. It is very clean. Anybody here know this bass? Thanks...

2. SlapDaddy

SlapDaddy

Mar 28, 2000
    Yup, thanks!

3. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I have an Aria Pro II that is very similiar to that one. Mine is a TSB (Thor Sound Bass). It looks just like that one at Bunny Bass (minus the rotary switch). It is a very nice instrument. It has the lowest action and fastest neck of any of my basses.

4. SlapDaddy

SlapDaddy

Mar 28, 2000
    Turock, this bass has a wonderfully fast neck but the sound really amazes me. The serial number is 100124 which is probably an old one. I have no idea what the market value is.

5. I have one too. Keep it, you'll love it. I put DR Marcus Miller Strings on mine, and, wow, what a great sound.

6. arambass

arambass

Jul 3, 2002
    dfw
    yup thats an aria sb1000 probably from around 78-88 was aria 's top of the line model. john taylor from duran duran played one