1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aria Pro II SB-CB Cliff Burton

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MVPBASS, Jul 23, 2012.

1. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    For trade 2005 Aria Pro II SB-CB Cliff Burton signature:
    The SB-CB electric bass helped to define the New Wave of Heavy Metal that dominated the world in the 80's. Its powerful tone and fast neck attracted bass players who needed an instrument with bone-crushing tone and lightning speed. As time went on players from other genres, like Funk and Blues, discovered that the SB-CB was the perfect bass for them. Play the SB-CB and find out what this bass can do for you!

SB-CB specs:

Ash body
    5-ply maple/walnut neck-thru design with Aria's "heel-less" contour
    Ebony fingerboard
    34" scale length
    24 frets
    One MB-1E double-coil pickup
    Innovative controls: One volume knob, one tone knob, 6-position Pickup Attack Mode rotary knob, preamp bypass switch and battery life LED
    A SDB-1C
    Black hardware
    Available in a Black Gloss (BK) finish*

View attachment 279664

View attachment 279665

View attachment 279666

View attachment 279667

Looking for Pbass our Jbass

2. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    View attachment 279669

the heart of the SB-CB is the unique B.B. Circuit. This circuit gives the SB-CB a ton of sonic flexibility, literally at the turn of a single knob. Each of the six presets change the frequency of a low pass filter, which changes the character of the bass tone.
    Here are the settings:
    1. 1377 Hz - A smooth and round tone. Very foundational sound for big basslines.
    2. 723 Hz - A warm tone with a low mid bump. This setting is cool for a modern slap tone.
    3. 496 Hz - Tight mids and bright highs. Perfect for tapping or playing with distortion.
    4. 340 Hz - A thinner tone than #3. Ideal for soloing over a band.
    5. 229 Hz - Great simulated hollowbody sound.
    6. 186 Hz - High, crispy tone. Excellent for chord melody playing.The mini-switch turns on and off the B.B. Circuit, and the LED shows the strength of the battery (as the battery drains the LED becomes weaker).

3. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Hmmm. Interesting that the CB Signature is Active while the bass he played, an Aria Pro II SB B-n-G I, was passive. I have a newer SB-1000, which is what the electronics seems on this bass seem to be. (Awesome electronics BTW!!!)

What's the measurement on the Nut? My '05 SB-1000 has a Petite 1.5" while the 80's examples were 1.75".

I wish I had a Fender to trade. Are you FIRM on your trades? I may have some interesting basses without an "F"-Word on the headstock!

4. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    I'll check on the nut width, and i didn't say anything about having to be Fender, just P or j bass. :)....
    But i would really like a Tony Franklin

5. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    Previous owner says 1.5

6. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    I would also consider a two for one trade, with the USA Tobias Growler that i have listed, for the right trade.

7. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    C'mon, where are the old school metalheads? You don't see these come up very often

8. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    Really want a Pbass bump!

9. the blast

the blast

Jan 6, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Hey man, I sent you a few PMs.

10. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    I haven't gotten any

11. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    Please resend

12. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    I have the same bass just mine is a 1994. These things are seriously awesome both sound and quality wise. Very versatile tonally. I use this for a lot of jazz fusion stuff and the guys I jam with love it.

Someone grab this tone machine honoring one of the greatest metal bassist ever. You won't be disappointed.

13. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    Also would take a Modulus 4 or Spector 5

14. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    Sold