Aria Pro II SB Elite II, country of manufacture?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dee_01, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Dee_01

Dee_01

May 19, 2007
    Is it true that some of the later SB Elite's were made in Korea? I thought all of them were made in japan?

2. Alembic83

Alembic83 Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Salem, Oregon
    As far as I know, all the SBs, Elites included, were made in Japan (first Matsumoku, then later another factory but still in Japan) except for the SB-800 and the SB-CB (new Cliff Burton model) which are made in Korea. The later model SB-Elites had a more pointy crown, but were made in Japan (again from everything I have seen at least). Brian D. and other members have posted pics of them which you can find in the earlier pages of the thread...

The SB-800 listed here:
    http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fyfeholt/sb800.htm
    Is in made in Korea...I have seen them for sale online with "Korea" stickers on them. They are quite different looking than the older SBs so they'd be easy to distinguish if you've seen a couple Japanese SBs...Most notably the neckthru laminate, the bridge and the pickup size are all very different. It doesn't list all the patent info on the headstock either. I probably wouldn't go after one of these unless it were dirt cheap.

3. Dee_01

Dee_01

May 19, 2007
    Thanks for the reply. That's how I thought it was, with only some of the cheaper Aria's made in Korea but the upper-end basses continued to be produced in Japan.

Thanks again.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021