1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Aria Pro II SB-Integra DC Billy Gould / FNM MIJ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Alembic83, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Alembic83

Alembic83 Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Salem, Oregon
    Price:
    Strings:
    For sale is a very rare 1986 (or around there) Aria Pro II SB Integra DC (Seymour Duncan pickups) model. However, this bass came to me with problems with the circuitry and the Duncan p'ups, so I had some original SB-Integra pickups installed. Unfortunately I could not find original circuitry to fit so I had it wired in a "modified vintage jazz" configuration with concentric pots (CTS). So it's Volume / Tone for each pickup and you can blend the P and J while independently controlling the vol/tone. See pics for the wiring. All the pots are new as well as the output jack. You can get a lot of tones with that wiring configuration and it retains the essence of the original SB-Integras. It is just without active bass or treble controls and thus does not require a battery. I did not have to modify the routing of the controls at all so if you were to get original circuitry you could go back to it. You could also easily add a different circuit such as Aguilar pre-amp. FYI, I have been playing around with this bass with my Zoom B3 and have been getting some really cool tones!

I had it setup recently with Rotosound Swing 66 stainless steel rounds in .40-.100 gauge. This Integra plays really nice!! It is also very light weight at 3.7 kg (8.15lbs) and has a pretty narrow width at the nut at about 40mm. The neck feels a little thinner in diameter than the other SB Integra I have listed right now. Very comfortable to play! I have the action set fairly low right now so it's ready to go. The truss rod turns, the neck is straight, and everything else works as it should. I've owned dozens of Integras and it's pretty rare to get one of these SB Integras with the phenolic neck and NOT have neck issues with it! Usually they have a bit of a warp or twist to them, but this one is fine.

This is the same model of bass Billy Gould of Faith No More played from about 1986-87 til about 1990. However his had the original SB Integra pickups (like this one) and active electronics (which this does not have now). It also has the phenolic fretboard like Billy's, 24 frets (which do show fret wear), 860mm scale, and heavy duty bridge with fine tuners.

Cosmetically, it has plenty of "mojo", i.e. scratches, dents, nicks, and the like. This bass has been played but not abused. The most notable places are where it looks like the paint did not bond well with the neck on the sides where the fretboard and maple neck meet. It is structurally sound, but you can feel where the paint sort of separated a bit. It is not falling off or anything but you can feel this with your fingers when playing. Also there are some deeper scratches surrounding one of the knobs. The truss rod cover was missing so it has a non-exact replacement, but it looks OK. Also, the strap pins are not original and look to be the base part of some locking straps. They might be Schaller, so if I have the parts that go to a strap, I will include them. The position of the bottom strap pin has been changed. See photos for most of the blemishes mentioned. Overall it's a great looking and sounding bass!

If you want a hard case, just contact me for cost options, otherwise I'll ship in a new Chromacast gig bag. This price includes USPS CONUS shipping only, with insurance. International buyers can contact me to see if I can ship to you. I would likely need to take the neck off of the body to make that happen.

Note: this is also for sale elsewhere but, as usual, a bit cheaper here!

Thanks for looking!
    027.JPG

Attached Files:

• 026.JPG
      026.JPG
      File size:
      479.7 KB
      Views:
    • 028.JPG
      028.JPG
      File size:
      505.5 KB
      Views:
    • 029.JPG
      029.JPG
      File size:
      526.7 KB
      Views:
    • 030.JPG
      030.JPG
      File size:
      402 KB
      Views:
    • 031.JPG
      031.JPG
      File size:
      432.8 KB
      Views:
    • 032.JPG
      032.JPG
      File size:
      348.2 KB
      Views:
    • 033.JPG
      033.JPG
      File size:
      561.2 KB
      Views:
    • 034.JPG
      034.JPG
      File size:
      467.2 KB
      Views:
    • 035.JPG
      035.JPG
      File size:
      473.3 KB
      Views:
    • 036.JPG
      036.JPG
      File size:
      547.6 KB
      Views:
    • 037.JPG
      037.JPG
      File size:
      453 KB
      Views:
    • 038.JPG
      038.JPG
      File size:
      440.6 KB
      Views:
    • 039.JPG
      039.JPG
      File size:
      475.5 KB
      Views:
    • 040.JPG
      040.JPG
      File size:
      425.1 KB
      Views:
    • 041.JPG
      041.JPG
      File size:
      475.8 KB
      Views:
    • 042.JPG
      042.JPG
      File size:
      375.6 KB
      Views:
    • 044.JPG
      044.JPG
      File size:
      383.6 KB
      Views:
    • 045.JPG
      045.JPG
      File size:
      525.9 KB
      Views:
    • 046.JPG
      046.JPG
      File size:
      363.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    mikewalker likes this.
  2. Alembic83

Alembic83 Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Salem, Oregon
    A few more pics, including the wiring. Also worth noting is that this model doesn't have the three piece maple neck like the other SB Integra I have. This one is a maple neck but has a scarf joint. You can sort of see the line in the finish on the back of the head stock, just under the E tuner. The Integra DCs and the "prototype" models (which is what Billy played) had this type of joint.

Attached Files:

• 043.JPG
      043.JPG
      File size:
      509.5 KB
      Views:
    • 048.JPG
      048.JPG
      File size:
      489 KB
      Views:
    • 049.JPG