1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Aria Pro II SB Laser Heritage, White P/J Matsumoku

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by slap2much, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slap2much

slap2much Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    BONUS! I changed over the strings to D'Addario Chromes and those sounded/felt so at home on this bass that I'll leave 'em PLUS will include the rounds that were on it initially.

Currently open to trades -- PM with whatever you have. I just picked this up from Roger a couple months ago, happily tweaking, adjusting, trying out strings and amp settings...but recently picked up a couple other pieces that fill the P/J slot for me.

This here is a nice instrument, though. Mid-eighties Matsumoku, solid construction and quality parts. Awesome P tone (I like the reversed-position magnet pattern), substantial Badass-like partially inset bridge, J-type pickup also. Nut width is a Jazzy 1 1/2" though it feels a little thicker front-to-back than a contemporary Jazz (more like 70s era). Good range of passive tones, full-on P has a lot of depth and authority and the J can be soloed or combined via the switch. Finish is white yellowing to cream, a few dinks but no major damage. Rosewood board, Gotoh or similar sealed tuners (a nice upgrade to some of the cheaper Matsumoku tuners of this era). A nicely balanced 8.6 pounds on the digital bathroom scale. Price is $300 shipped. Check the original for sale listing via the link, and see pictures below:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432379

PICT0125.

PICT0126.

PICT0127.

PICT0129.

PICT0130.

PICT0131.

PICT0132.

PICT0133.

PICT0134.

PICT0135.

PICT0125.

2. Nut width?

3. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Nut width is 1 1/2" -- easy to move around on.

4. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    As the former owner of this beauty I am going to bump this up for Craig. This bass is sweetness! It truly was Aria's poor man's Superbass.

If you PM me with you email address I will email you an old review from a UK mag that just raves about this thing. It sings. :bassist:

RBM

5. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    I've received that article (thanks again Roger!) and am including it with the post. I have to admit I've been experiencing a bit of pre-seller's regret and this hasn't helped any, but at this point would definitely follow through on a sale. The Photobucket-compressed file was unreadable so I had to chop and attach just the snippet on the Aria, if anyone wants the whole article just email me.

View attachment 126375

6. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Update - Just threw a set of D'Addario Chromes (45-100) on and I really dig the change in character and feel -- it's a real thick, chunky sounding THWACK/THUMP tone coming out of the bass now. I'll include both these and the rounds that were on there (I believe those are also D'Addarios, guessing nickel plated steels) with your purchase.

7. Want my BA-210?

8. Wafoleri

Wafoleri

Jan 15, 2008
    Greensburg, Pa
    Trade for a Squier/Fender VM Jazz mutt?

9. Someone wanna buy my BA-210 so's I can snag this? :D

10. bassinstincts

bassinstincts Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    Nice. What does this beast weigh?

11. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    How is this bass still available?!? :eek:

Aria made some SWEET basses in the 80s - somebody needs to shell it out now and snag this. Seriously!

12. bassinstincts

bassinstincts Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    I just want to know its mass.

13. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Bathroom scale says 8.6 pounds.

I'm thinking about reeling this back in & putting something else out there, but let's see how the rest of the week goes first.

14. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    At that price I'd buy it if I lived in the USA. They are excellent basses.

15. conundrum

conundrum

May 10, 2008
    Canada
    Would you ship to Canada?

16. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Answered via PM, but just in case anyone else is wondering...I'll ship outside the 48 as long as the buyer covers any additional shipping / taxes / duties (let's say the bass without shipping is $285, so that's what I need to end up with) and there's no delay in payment or additional money due from me as a result of it being an international transaction. PM me if interested.

17. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Couple more pics of the Aria wearing Chromes:

PICT0197.

PICT0198.

18. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    I'd combine with my 'modded for bass' Epiphone Valve Jr. for a trade up (to what? not sure, but prefer 4 strings over 5/6, also looking for lightweight cabs). Could possibly include a SWR SM-500 (pre-Fender), an upgraded-with-Deltalite II Aguilar GS112, and a couple other items...looking to consolidate gear and stop hoarding...and, well, not spend more cash...I know, isn't everybody?

19. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    bump.

20. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    Telecaster Mar 09 #1.

Telecaster Mar 09 #4.

Would you be interested in this guitar?