1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Aria Pro II SB-R60 MIJ Cliff Burton Black finish

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Alembic83, Nov 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Alembic83

Alembic83 Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Salem, Oregon
    Price:
    Strings:
    Here's a circa 1982 Aria Pro II SB-R60 in a black finish with chrome hardware. If you like Cliff Burton then this bass will appeal to you! It's basically the same bass he used but his had "black 'n' gold" hardware.

Cosmetically, it has a fair sized gouge on the front edge of the bottom horn, and a chip near the pickup, with several other scrapes, dents, scratches, etc. I'm sure the gouge could be filled in by someone who knows what they're doing, though. There is also a chip in between the second and third frets on the E string side. In any case, if you are looking for a mint condition collector's specimen, it's not for you. If you want a great playing and sounding SB, with the Cliff Burton look, it just might fit the bill!

It has the original pickup, electronics, and other hardware. The only thing I have replaced is the dual sound switch and the tone knob (but I replaced it with another SB knob!). The old switch was not working well so I replaced it with a MIJ switch in chrome. It works perfectly now.

I had this bass just set up recently and it got a clean bill of health as far as the truss rod and neck condition! It has nickel 45-105 strings of an unknown brand. They have a good amount of life in them. The frets have relatively minimal wear for a bass of this vintage.

The price includes a brand new Chromacast gig bag. However, if you want a hard case, I will include that instead for an additional $40. This particular hard case was acquired with another SB and fits perfectly. It might be an SB original case but it does not have any logos on it. It has signs of wear and age so I believe it to be about the same age as the bass.
    (Note: I also have this bass for sale elsewhere, but cheaper here!)
    Thanks
    C28AFF53-4337-4D27-B25D-100FA35974E5.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    filler83, Lammchop93 and mikewalker like this.