aria pro ii sb1000 1985

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by steve matthews, Jun 6, 2017.

1. steve matthews

steve matthews

Jun 6, 2017
    i have a [not shown in that history of aria sb] 1985 sb1000 neck through brass hardware black with natural wood down the centre the pickup has failed so i'm looking for a replacement pickup if anyone can help thanks

2. Canadian APII

Canadian APII Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Ottawa Ontario
  3. Canadian APII

Feb 3, 2013
    Ottawa Ontario
    I just picked up an MB2 and an MBMM from Rautia Guitars. I have the MB2 wired straight to the jack temporarily. I couldn't wait to hear it. Sounds just like an Aria pickup but is slightly smaller and leaves a larger space to the original rout. I am happy with it. Everything can be done through the contact page for them.

4. steve matthews

steve matthews

Jun 6, 2017
  5. steve matthews

steve matthews

Jun 6, 2017
    its ok i've contacted aaron and waiting for a reply thanks

6. Canadian APII

Feb 3, 2013
    Ottawa Ontario
    click on the links above and Kent Armstrong Pickups
    Some background here. Armstrong has been doing them forever, but they are blade style and don't sound exactly like original, He told me "They sound better". Reed James does excellent work I have been told but was plagued by customer service problems, though he also does modern Neodymium pickups. Rautia Guitars does original architecture and also Music Man internals.

7. steve matthews

steve matthews

Jun 6, 2017
    i was going to get an armstrong but the price $185 and then the distributor for aria rang me and i bought one from aria japan $100 woohoo

8. Canadian APII

Feb 3, 2013
    Ottawa Ontario
    Interesting. Who is that distributor? I asked Kana here in Canada and they said straight up "no".

9. steve matthews

steve matthews

Jun 6, 2017
    pro music in queensland