1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aria Pro II SB1000 and Trevor Horn

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Winston TK, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Winston TK

Winston TK Hairpiece Adventurer

Oct 8, 2001
    Burnaby, BC Canada
    Not sure if this should really go in "Bassists", "Recordings" or here. Mods, please feel free to move this if it is misplaced.

Does anyone know if Trevor Horn used an Aria Pro II SB1000 in the studio for his recordings in the late 70's/early 80's era? He is certainly pictured playing one at the end of the "Video Killed The Radio Star" video, but, of course, this doesn't mean anything.

However, if you listen to his tone on that track, as well as others on "The Age Of Plastic", it seems quite possible. Also, his tone on "Run Through The Light" on Yes' "Drama" album sounds very Aria-like.

Anyone know for sure? I've always loved that sound.

2. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    I don't know myself, but don't you own one of these fine instruments?

3. Winston TK

Winston TK Hairpiece Adventurer

Oct 8, 2001
    Burnaby, BC Canada
    Heh, heh, Jim. You are quite right. Thanks to you, I do now own one of these extremely fine instruments. In fact, I was just busy learning some early Duran Duran stuff. John Taylor and the mighty SB1000 -- a killer combo!

But, I'm still wondering if anyone out there knows for certain if Trevor Horn used one of these in the studio? Earlier today, I read a very informative article on Mr. Horn and some of his recording processes. But, no mention was made of any specific basses he used on his earlier recordings.