1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aria Pro ll SB-1000PassiveVaritone

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by teesquared, Jun 6, 2012.

1. teesquared

teesquared Guest

Jul 15, 2010
    The Aria Pro ll SB-1000 is a classic bass guitar both the original and the re-issue. One of its weaknesses was the BB (black box) active circuit. Although it provided unique tone shaping capabilities the unit was prone to failure. Although the replacement unit is still available from Aria, they also designed a passive replacement modification. Being a passive circuit it no longer requires 2 X 9v batteries.

The original Aria passive circuit does not use an inductive choke. The component values chosen by Aria leave the passive varitone sounding rather thin compared to the active BB version. After building several prototypes and experimenting with different component values on SB-1000 and Elite-2 bass guitars, I can now re-construct a better sounding passive varitone which is simple to install. Just 2 solder connections. It is ideal for fitting in the SB-1000 or other SB bass with 1 or 2 pickups and 3 control openings. i.e SB-Elite ll.

I will make one if any members require it . Each one will be made to order so it will take me about a week to construct and ship.
    I can also supply my own special variation with the inductive choke which provides more of a notch filter type characteristics.

The price:
    Aria design. No change in component values = $50.00
    (Sounds rather thin)

Aria design. My component values = $50.00
    (Closer sound to the Original BB circuit sound)

Modified version with inductive choke =$60.00
    (Provides notch filter capabilities)

Postage world wide per varitone =$10.00

Please contact me here if interested or have any questions.

Basic soldering skills required.

All the best Tee.

2. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

May 25, 2009
    Stavenisse
    Great to see these copies of the BC Rich Eagle bass get some new development. They look awesome. And great for people who cannot afford a BC RICH eagle bass...

3. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

May 25, 2009
    Stavenisse
    Here an Aria review...