1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Aria Pro ll Thorsound TSB-400 1981 natural/walnut. Shipping incuded. TRADES NOW ADDED

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lala, Sep 19, 2020.

1. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Price:
    $700.00
    Strings:
    United States
    1980'ish Aria Pro ll TSB-400, Thorsound Bass. Body consists of natural maple in the center with Nato wings colored in Aria's walnut stain. Controls are simple.... pickup selector switch, volume, and tone, managing the 2 MB lll double coil pickups. Bolt on three-piece maple neck with a Rosewood fingerboard, bone top nut and a 32.5" scale length. This bass appears to be all original and in really good condition. There's a few small dings and dents to the body and headstock which I have tried to capture in the photos. It has been played for sure during it's nearly 40 years, but the wear and tear is even, and without major trauma. It has clearly been taken care of and looks beautiful. Made in the famous Matsumoku factory, the neck plays easy and the frets are good. As far as it's sonic impressions, it is mostly a warm, creamy tone, with some bite when you need it. The neck pickup is my favorite for powerful, deep bass, and then I dial in a little bridge pickup for some attack. Probably not the best bass for slap, but great for everything else. I just installed new flat-wounds. Wow! Big and round! Underrated, but do some research and you'll discover that many fine bass players have played these Aria Pro ll basses. Comes with a very respectable Road Runner gig bag. PRICE INCLUDES U.S MAINLAND SHIPPING SO SALE PRICE IS FIRM.

Now open to trades. I could use an SPL CRIMSON 3 audio interface for my studio. Show me what ya got!! Some cash to you.

Aria Thor 1.jpg Aria Thor 2.jpg Aria Thor 3.jpg Aria Thor 4.jpg Aria Thor 5.jpg Aria Thor 6.jpg Aria Thor 7.jpg Aria Thor 8.jpg Aria Thor 9.jpg Aria Thor 10.jpg Aria Thor 11.jpg Aria Thor 12.jpg Aria Thor 13.jpg Aria Thor 14.jpg Aria Thor 15.jpg Aria Thor 16.jpg Aria Thor 17.jpg Aria Thor 18.jpg Aria Thor 19.jpg Aria Thor 20.jpg

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  2. tpaul

tpaul Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Vermont
    Cool bass. GLWTS!

3. Drifter8230

Drifter8230

Sep 4, 2020
    NOVA
    Nice oven/stove top! Very cool looking. Also, that's a classy, slick looking bass.

Popps, Digg, Ellery and 1 other person like this.
  4. GroovyBaby

GroovyBaby G&L Fanboy Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2007
    Huntingdon, PA
    Very nice. I have a nice playing guitar with a similar build style from the same factory. It’s the Westone in the middle. Solid player!
    WnBufVdfSFKrFWpvzKGxHA.jpg

5. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Stove top is La Cornue.
    Love Westone. Love Matsumoku! I just sold my Electra Outlaw bass to my bass teacher. It was hard saying goodbye, but he really loved it. Also sold him my 70's Aria hollow-body EB bass.

6. stephen3547

stephen3547 Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2013
    Wow. This is beautiful, immaculate condition. I have a TSB-550 (single pickup, neck through) from the same year, considering listing it on here actually. Whoever buys this is getting a great bargain. GLWTS.

7. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Thx. These are great basses.

8. I had one of these in black back when they were still being offered new! GLWTS!

9. speyer

speyer Supporting Member

Its guitar sibling is hanging on my wall! I didn't know there was a bass version.... very cool! IMG_1706 copy.jpg

GroovyBaby likes this.
  10. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Cool! I bet it plays as well ( great!) as the bass does. That thing probably kicks some serious A__! The bass if big and round, sort of P-bass like.

11. coyote1

coyote1

Mar 23, 2012
    Ha! The Pro II “Thor Sound” was my very first bass! Think I got it in 1982 or thereabouts, and it looked exactly like this one. Nice instrument. I got it for like $250 new at the time, and it eventually became trade bait for a different bass. I played many gigs with that thing.

Had I known it would fetch $700 in the year 2021, I’d have hung onto it :cool: Good luck in selling it!

12. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    THX,
    I haven't fetched the $700 yet! It's definitely worth that amount as a very high-quality built and versatile bass.
    It does however have a chunky neck very much like my P-Bass, and these days everybody is looking for a Jazz Bass neck so they can do their bass calisthenics. I'm more into foundational bass both in playing and listening, and this bass is great for that. :)
    Happy New Year!

13. burgerdj

burgerdj

Dec 4, 2006
    +1 on your kitchen setup. We’re about to gut ours, so I’m dialed into appliances. Oh, and nice bass, too!

14. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    THX.. all just tools of a trade. Basses sound better, Stoves taste better. :roflmao:

15. I remember seeing these in stores and looking away because they weren't Fenders. Now I think that's a beautiful instrument and I bet it sounds great!

16. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Sounds close to P bass believe it or not. The neck is also the same chunky style, although this bass is 32" scale. BTW, I'm going to update this add to include TRADE options.
    Cheers,
    R

17. tony caskey

tony caskey Bassman club 192 Supporting Member

May 31, 2019
    OKC,OK.
    my first g&L was an SB-2,, nice couple bass's ive sold some of these and got new ones

Attached Files:

18. iiipopes

iiipopes Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    What is:
    1) nut width;
    2) neck heel width; and
    3) the string spread at the bridge? Thanks.

19. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    nut is 1-3/4" ( same as my '58' Fender P Re-issue )
    heel width is 2-3/16" ( measurement of neck width at the 22nd fret )
    string spread at bridge is 1-7/8" ( outside of E to outside of G )

20. basszillla

basszillla Supporting Member

nice bass
    i have a TSB-300 & a TSB-350 , tho they are a 2x2 tuning peg headstock vs your 4x0 style

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021