1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Aria Pro SB-R80 tobacco sunburst

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Alembic83, Feb 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Alembic83

Alembic83 Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Salem, Oregon
    Price:
    $450
    Strings:
    image. image. image. image. image. image. image. image. image. image. image. image. image. image. image. image. Hello, I have a 1982 Aria Pro II SB-R80 in Tobacco Sunburst finish for sale. This is a nice Matsumoku MIJ bass that has just been setup with 40-100 stainless steel Rotos.

It has a couple of problems, though. First, it appears the neck pickup is bad since the G string volume is significantly weaker. The tech that set it up replaced the parallel / series switch and it is only wired with one coil functioning according to the tech. The bridge pickup works fine though.

I originally wanted to replace the neck pickup but it's apparently glued in to the cavity! The bridge pickup is also glued in. I supposed you'd have to destroy the pickups to get them out then! Rather than do that I just leave it be. Unfortunately you can't adjust pickup height either since I was going to see if that affected the output on the G string.

I have a thin pleather bag to go with it. I'm asking $450 shipped CONUS. Thanks!

Lumdingo likes this.
  2. Canadian APII

Canadian APII Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Ottawa Ontario
    Loosen the screws out of the pickups entirely. After that put a thin wood wedge on a side of the pickup and tap it into the crack between the pickup and the body. Remove the wedge and repeat the same on the other side. Alternate like this to loosen the pickup.
    The pickups are totally screwed down too much. That could be the problem with your tone. Often setting the pickups closer to the strings works amazingly.

3. Alembic83

Alembic83 Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Salem, Oregon
    Thanks, I will see if that works!

4. Canadian APII

Feb 3, 2013
    Ottawa Ontario
    BTW. Fantastic looking bass. If I didn't have to pay divorce lawyers I would be all over this.

000_Unknown likes this.
  5. Canadian APII

Feb 3, 2013
    Ottawa Ontario
    Just taking a closer look at your electronics. One of the pickups isn't connected. Was that from your luthier checking it out? Fix your electronics before you commit to selling. Elite II's usually have an amazing tone.

6. PM sent

7. 000_Unknown

000_Unknown

Jan 18, 2014
    The R80.. My Favorite!! 1982, same year as mine. This one would look good next to my '82 R60 in TB..

This is the first time Ive seen the R80 in TB. That seems to be the rarest SB finish, even more rare than the BNG's it seems.