1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aria Pro Steve Bailey fretless 6 wiring nightmare

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by amerbs38, Aug 20, 2012.

1. amerbs38

amerbs38 Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Santa Cruz, CA
    I bought this used and realized someone had messed around with the wiring (globs of solder and electrical tape) and when I lifted up the cover several wires undid themselves. I can get sound and volume but nothing else. I know it`s a shot in the dark but if anyone knows where I could find a wiring diagram that would be great...(before I fire it up and start touching wires all over the place). The photo is just to encourage sympathy...Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
  3. amerbs38

amerbs38 Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Santa Cruz, CA
    That`s it...you rock...Thanks!

4. Kragnorak

Kragnorak

Sep 20, 2008
    I'm just going to tag-team onto this thread because I have a similar issue. The difference is that I have an older 6-string Aria Pro II SB model which was manufactured before they were installing the Basslines systems. I want to replace the crappy pickups, which are 1" by 5.5" soapbars. The difference between these and the Seymour Duncans is huge: the routing is different and there is no push/pull volume. Instead of 3 knobs there are 2 stacked knobs on the bass (one volume/blend and the other treble/bass).

Can anybody help find the wiring schematic for the older production models? I found a set of Bartolini pickups that would fit my routing, but they are passive pickups and I don't know if I'd have to switch out the pre-amp as well or what needs to happen?

Thanks!

5. JustForSport

JustForSport

Nov 17, 2011
    Push-pull vols are avail.
    Just swap out the bal pot for the values as in the diagram above- 25ok for passive.
    (assuming the pre' is the same).