1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Aria RSB Deluxe 5 High C

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Nathan Peck, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Nathan Peck

Nathan Peck How many licks does it take? Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2010
    New York City
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar David Gage Czech-Ease, Mono, Kala UBass Fishman Seymour Duncan
    Price:
    Strings:
    This is a VERY rare, High C 5 string Aria Pro-II RSB Deluxe 5. This is a 5-string bass that features many of the SB series appointments including the distinctive body shape, SB-900 electronics and the Aria machined brass bridge featured on the SB series. You have probably never seen one of these and you probably will never see one again. I have never seen another come up for sale. Definitely a rare bass!

This bass is dated 1984.
    I believe it is the first 5 string ever produced by Aria, and it was one of the very first manufactured 5 strings, period! Prior to these and some other early imports, 5 strings were predominately made by boutique instrument maker such as Alembic and Carl Thompson. It was really only in the late 80s that 5 strings became mass produced by various brands. This bass is a monster. The mojo in the Aria Superbasses are largely in the electronics so this does not disappoint.

This bass is not a perfect 10 but it is in very good shape for its age or otherwise. Just some honest wear here and there as pictured but nothing too severe.
    This bass was setup by expert luthier John Bertche at We Buy Guitars NY, NY. The nut is absolutely perfect! The 24 fret neck is amazingly accessible and the 16mm spacing facilitates easy string crossing! The body is a downsized Jazz style body. Total weight is approximately 9lbs.
    This is truly a piece of Matsumoku history and a piece of 5-string history. Asking $550 plus $85 to ship CONUS. Cash in person (NYC Metro) or Paypal please.

Thanks for looking!
    IMG_6556.JPG IMG_6557.JPG IMG_6558.JPG IMG_6560.JPG IMG_6561.JPG IMG_6563.JPG IMG_6564.JPG IMG_6565.JPG IMG_6569.JPG IMG_6572.JPG IMG_6574.JPG IMG_6766.JPG IMG_6767.JPG IMG_6768.JPG

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  2. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Geez, can't say that I've ever seen one of these before...quite the unicorn!

3. Nathan Peck

Sep 8, 2010
    New York City
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar David Gage Czech-Ease, Mono, Kala UBass Fishman Seymour Duncan
    Indeed!

4. Nathan Peck

Sep 8, 2010
    New York City
    Wife just lowered to $550!!! She's demanding I get another Sadowsky. What a drag!!!

5. Nathan Peck

Sep 8, 2010
    New York City
    Price reduction!!

$550 TAKES HEE HOME!!!!

6. Willy B

Willy B Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    34” scale?

7. Nathan Peck

Sep 8, 2010
    New York City
    34" scale indeed! 16mm bridge. A little tight but in no time your fingers will fly!

8. Nathan Peck

Sep 8, 2010
    New York City
    I'm throwing in a brand new D'Addario XL 32-100 high C 5 string set with this bass y'all! Expand your upper harmonic structure with this fast action bass!

9. Nathan Peck

Sep 8, 2010
    New York City
    Forgot to mention, the action in this bass rocks! The geometry and arc of the neck makes this thing feel like it's built neck-through. Feels totally modern although it was made in '84.