Aria SB-404

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassbully43, Dec 29, 2005.

1. bassbully43

Jul 1, 2005
    Well i had bad gas for a new bass after Christmas and money was burning a hole in my pocket. I planned on ordering a TBC bass company bass Jazz and then found out a friend could get the Aria SB-404 new for $400.00 at a local shop. I got the owner to come down to $500.00 this week and a friend knows him and got it to $400. I couldnt find much on the Bass is neck thru Ovankol (never heard of it) Maple/nato 5 ply neck...What is nato? A rosewood fret board active soapbars w p/u switch and coil tap...also a mono rail bridge. I love the look and feel and never thought i could get a neck thru for the price with good wood to boot.I am getting ready to play it and put a fresh set of SIT silencers on it...the stock Aria strings sucked. So what do you guys think? Good deal? The catalog has it as one of the high end Arias and it was $700.00 in the store after a guy who ordered it never picked it up. If it plays as well as it is built and looked i'm in love. I will send a pick if someone Pm's me and tells me how...i know im a dolt on the comp..i have a digital camera..but have never sent pics on the net...any help and info on this bass?
  2. steve21

steve21 Banned

Nato's a cheaper version of mahagony.
  3. bassbully43

Jul 1, 2005
    Anyone?????????????? you guys know it all and i need help..i have until monday to return it and get my money back.
  4. if you like it keep it. if you don't, don't

5. soholounge

Aug 11, 2004
    these are very common in japan.
    around $450 (US) street price there too.

i never tried one out at the stores because the string spacing is too narrow for my tastes, but it looked pretty nice.

but even if i did try it, all i could tell you is the same thing someone else already said: if you like it, keep it.

should work fine... did you do your research by searching this forum for other basses in your price range?
    maybe if you could provide your preferences people could be more helpful?