1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aria STB GT4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Anyone tried one of these?

[​IMG]

2. Mcgiver69

Mcgiver69

Sep 28, 2005
    England
    According to guys who had bought one (in another forum) they play really well and you can get a very nice MusicMan sound out of them. I'm planning to buy one and install a 2 band ACG EQ. That will bring it to another level.

3. I have other plans for mine :)

Nordstrand MM4.2 pup + John East BTB MMSR 3-band preamp (bass and treble are about the same locations and setup as the original 2 band 'ray preamp, but with an added mid and mid shift). Should be in the ballpark of the pre-EB rays.

I looked at the ACG (the guy comes from my mums hometown, small world!), but I believe it's just a filter, I like some boost now and again.

I'm glad to hear they play well, I've got a couple Aria Pro 2 P-J beaters that are amazing basses for the price. Just looking for something to keep as a backup for my ray

(ATK could do for that . . . but, I just need an excuse to buy this because I think it looks sweet!)

4. I have tried that bass and I can dial lots of sounds. But man, I'm not comfortable with the 'sticky' neck. But the other model/finish, the ovangkol top, that one is one heck of a bass :)

5. Skelf

Skelf

Apr 15, 2005
    Moffat D&G Scotland
    Builder AC Guitars.
    The filter has 12db of gain which can be added. The lower ring of the filter control sets the frequency the upper ring allows you to boost the resonance round the cut off point. The high pass filter has 18 db of gain as well.

Alan

6. Will have a look into it again then Alan, my mistake for jumping to the conclusion that a filter would simply remove :)

qroon; was the neck any different on the one with the other top (EXO, as opposed to GT, something along those lines IIRC)?

Did the bass play or sound different to the GT?

Was tempted to get the black as it was a bit less flashy while still being pretty cool with the flamed maple and binding. Must admit I assumed that the only difference would be the finish and top wood.

7. i_got_a_mohawk, the EXO has a different neck and it feels less chunkier as opposed to the GT. The sound is the same, my only issues with the black one is the neck. I'm not comfortable with it :)

8. Mcgiver69

Mcgiver69

Sep 28, 2005
    England
    Thanks Alan for the clarification, I already knew that and can testify that your preamp is a monster piece of equipment. Unfortunately it is not for player with Pbass mentality.
    I love fiddling with pots and finding new sounds so this preamp it's just for me.

I just bought the 5 strings version of the bass, I'll let you know as soon as it is delivered.