1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aria SWB stand frustration.

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by jonniejames, Sep 29, 2009.

1. jonniejames

jonniejames

Sep 28, 2009
    Hello.

Just joined this website today. Didn't know it exsisted, very cool.

Can anyone help? I recently bought an Aria SWB electric Upright bass which is the best thing I've done in ages, I love it but I cannot find a suitable stand for it! I am looking for something to hold it upright when I am playing the electric but can just lift off (or "un-lean") to become free to hold and move around again when playing.

Any suggestions would be great

Aria sent me the one they thought was suitable but it was useless, it didn't support the weight of the instrument and I had to put stage-weights on the legs! Ridiculous.

Thanks for any advice

2. jonniejames

jonniejames

Sep 28, 2009
    excellent. thanks, I'll look into them.

3. I deleted the other thread you started right after your reply, for the same subject.
    Please keep the discussion in this one.
    There's no need to start another thread, it won't give you more help.
    (I just edited the title, by the way)

Regards, and good luck!
    François
    EUB forum co-mod.

4. If your Aria is anything like the similar shaped Stagg, you could perhaps ask a drummer if he has an old snare drum stand he doesn't want. I use one, it has a sealed tube at the bottom so the bass stands inside the tube on the end pin. I just lift it out when I change instruments. It's very sturdy and I can even play it in the stand if necessary.

3973398796_6c20b2d6ac.

3973400430_1b07dfff5e.

The best bit is that it folds up nice and small so doesn't take up lots of room. It also didn't cost me anything :)

5. Can you please post a picture of the back ?

Thanks!
    François

6. As requested, a photo of the rear, although there isn't really any front or rear to it as the legs are all the same length and the bass just stands on the endpin inside the tube. It is completely stable whichever way you put the bass in the stand.

3973923947_6056e965ab.

On stage I normally extend the legs to their fullest reach but here at home, it takes up less floor space if I have them half extended.

3973948003_64b4a0ddfb.

... and lastly a photo of the size when folded up (mobile phone included for scale)

3973946219_591859f0f4.

Hey, it's just an old snare drum stand base so it's not hi-tech, but it works brilliantly. I took the original top mount off it but I'm sure with a cymbal stand type bracket on the top, an endpin clamp could be improvised so that it could be played on the stand at the required angle.