Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aria SWB4

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by TaySte_2000, Oct 10, 2002.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Are these good EUB's, this would be my first EUB or DB or anything resembling these, I want it for jazz, acoustic settings and so on.
    Would this be a good starting instument?

Would I be better saving more money up and buying a eminence or NS?

Thanks in advance.

2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I think your best bet is get a real bass.

3. sean p

sean p

Mar 7, 2002
    eugene, oregon
    i haven't played the aria swb4 so i can't comment, but by all accounts the steinberger is very electric sounding (more like a fretless bass guitar than a double bass) and may not suit your acoustic jazz needs. the eminence ain't bad for sound, but it's no realbass.

do you have the opportunity to audition each of these basses? if so i would recommend trying them out next to each other, with other musicians around to give extra feedback. compare sounds.

and try a realbass too. that may be closer to the sound you're looking for, it may not.

sean p

4. wen1012

wen1012

Jan 29, 2002
    Taipei,Taiwan
    I have both Aria Swb 4 and real DB.After few years play both of them,I find that you can't make EUB sounds like DB. Maybe they'll be sound very close,but still difference.
    Aria Swb 4 sounds like fretless bass guitar too if you don't setup correct.In my option,a set of thin string is good ,and raising the fingerboard pickup,and always use 80% master volume (for less electric sound),this will make it sounds good.

5. You can also save money, and get the instrument you want, by buying a used EUB. Keep looking in the basses for sale forum.