Ariane Cap, Bassist with 'Tempest'

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by KSB - Ken Smith, Apr 17, 2005.

1. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    I saw a concert locally in Pa. last night and was quite impressed by the Bassist. I was expecting to be kinda bored by the type of music the band is known for (Celtic Rock) but instead was totally intrigued and entertained. Ariane Cap, the Bassist was great and had every technique in her Bag. Great fingering, tapping, some slapping and not over done, very interesting and supporting Bass lines and a few Tasty Bass Solos that were not just filled with notes and speed. This Girl is a Real Musician that can Play!! This is her; .. Check out her group Tempest if it comes by your town. You will not be dissapointed..
  2. WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    I've seen Tempest a few times, and she's an amazing player. I have the pleasure of providing the PA rig and running sound for the Ardenwood Celtic Festival in Fremont, Ca in June. Tempest is the headlining act, and I can't wait!!!

As much as I love their bassist, the rest of the band rocks, too. Any band that can play "Paranoid" in the middle of a violin solo and make it work is OK by me!