1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

AriaPro II TSB-550

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Tymophil, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Tymophil

Tymophil

Aug 16, 2006
    Hi all,

I want to bring my early 80's AriaPro II in good shape. The pickup is dead, the bridge lost its gilded coat, one of the tuner is oddly shaped, though it is still fuctionning flawlessly.

I would like to change some of those parts, and I need advices.

The pick-up and the electronic

Would a EMG 35TW electronics fit the cavity (I mean is there room enough for a battery there) ? I guess it is so, but I would like to know if someone here did add such an active pick-up.

I want to have this pickup because the original one had the same dual/single coil ability. I would like to have one wolume, a stacked 2 band EQ and a single/dual coil switch.

Does it seem sensible ?

If a passive pickup is better, I would like a EMG 35 HZ soap bar. Does is it seem more sensible to have such a pickup ?

The tuners

Which tuners should I use ? I came to the conclusion that Gotoh GB-350, GB-720 or GB-707 would do. But did I miss something there ?

The bridge

Now, the tricky part : the bridge. On the original bridge, string spacing is about 16 mm. It seems that even 18 mm would not do (the E and G strings would be almost outside the fretboard in the upper part of the neck). Which bridge should I use ?

Thanks for your attention.