Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aries Basses & Joey G's Music

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lenko, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    Hi guys,
    I recently fell in love with Aries basses and am thinking seriously about ordering one. However, I've had a lot of problems contacting them; they just don't reply to my e-mails. I also tried to contact Joey G's Music which seem to be their dealer in the states, but their mailbox is full ( :confused: ).
    Has anyone had simillar problems while trying to contact either Aries or Joey G's? I would be very happy if anyone could provide me any e-mails through which I could contact them.

Thanks for help
    Lenko

2. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Their customer service doesn't seem to be anywhere near good. I have emailed with no response and called only to have them answer "we just got some basses in, call back another time." How's that for being helpful?

3. I ended up calling them, becuase they took 10days to respond to my emails.

4. Joey's is a typical NYC shop...gotta pester them, and when they finally notice you've been e-mailing they'll write back.

5. Ilovepink

Ilovepink Banned

Nov 17, 2003
    California
    Every time I have called Joey I have gotten him on the phone. Forget email, if you are really interested pick up the phone and call the man.

6. niomosy

niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    Of course, it might also be good to nudge Aries to pick up some other dealers in the 'states as well ;)

7. FunkinA

FunkinA

Sep 13, 2003
    MA
    There's an aries bass on ebay now that you might want to checkout.

8. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Joey has Aries tied up as the distributor in the US. BassAlone is the only other dealer in the US for Aries which goes through Joey G's. Joey has a number of Arie's in stock so you might just keep trying him.

9. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    Thanks for the help. :)

10. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    Those basses are from Croatia, why you go through all USA to find it? Luthiers are from Varazdin, maybe 100km from your place...

11. Buddistjazz

Buddistjazz

Dec 15, 2004
    Northeast PA
    I am the owner of the Aries custom bass. Ironically, I just listed it on Ebay. Paste the link;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4713&item=3770202036&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

The electronics articulate every nuance of the bass... Unlike some preamps the sound is colored and doesn't enchance the natural characteristics of the wood. The tone on this Aries custom stands out! I believe it has Lefay "rough crystal" pickups. Nonetheles, the wenge, padouck and maple 7pc neck truly brings out a grand piano tone that is truly awesome. The only reason I'm selling is I have too many basses sitting under my bed.

Peace,

David

12. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    I just got off the phone with Arijan, what a great man; I ordered a bass which I hope is going to be phenomenal. :)

13. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    great to hear you chosen Aries... what wood option and configuration you asked from him?

14. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    Neck: 7 ply maple/wenge
    Fretboard: wenge
    Body: honduras mahagony
    Top: flamed maple (not sure yet)
    Aries p'ups and electronics, not sure about the harware yet. :)

15. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut

23 hours left and it's reserve's not met at $563? Tell you what-cancel the auction and I'll give ya $700 for it :D j/k

I emailed Joey G's once and got a response back the next day, although their website needs a LOT of work.

16. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too

indeed..... aloof at best!

17. rhett

rhett

Dec 23, 2004
    Austin TX
    could i get that number? i have a couple of questions about mine that only he can answer. best feeling bass ever, but i gotta do some electronic adjustments for my taste...
    other than that, i'd love to own a few more!