Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aries Basses

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by SummerSoft, Jun 20, 2005.

1. SummerSoft

SummerSoft

Jun 17, 2005
    Hi!
    Anybody ever played some of these?
    Are they any good?
    Thanks

2. One of my first basses was an Aria Pro II. It was 4 string fretted with a single humbucker in the P position and a black finish. It was really good. Aria was one of the first Japanese 'high end' instruments in it's time, together with Ibanez. I have no idea how good they are currently, though.

Although I think you would get a lot more feedback if you post this in the general basses forum.

3. SummerSoft

SummerSoft

Jun 17, 2005
    Thanks Wilser, but I was talking of Aries basses (not Aria!). If I'm right, they are made by a luthier in Croatia, Europe.
    So anybody heared of Aries?
    Can anybody compare Aries to other luthier's basses?
    Thanks
    And Thanks Wilser anyway

4. OOPS!
    I guess it's time to change my glasses!

5. Rogier

Rogier

Feb 2, 2004
  6. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    They look great to me, And I know Bass Alone sold 2 of them and they for the most part only deal with the cream of the crop other than a few cheapies I think they toss in to get some traffic. I like the reconnected horn style (like the Ken Lawrence Brase design), but not the other one with the funky shaped upper horn, but thats just me.