Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

aries basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by neptoon, Dec 24, 2002.

1. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    awesome basses from croatia...thinking about maybe getting one. i know woodchuck used to have a 6'er....anyone else try them out? what do you think?

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    pretty blue one...

[​IMG]

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    pretty carving...

[​IMG]

4. Wow! Those do look very nice! Is there a good website to order them from? What do they cost?

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, they're croatian hand made basses...i emailed them concerning availability in the US...no response yet...iirc, they're just over 2 grand for a through neck 5 string. i really dig the look...that awesome hook thingy, and the pointy lower bout. yum yum...daddy want one...

6. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    anyone?

7. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    ok, i give up....i suppose no one has tried one then...

8. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    that carving hurts my eyes.
    I cant stand that.

different strokes different folks though ....

9. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    yeah, it does have one of those love it or leave it body styles...i kinda dig the hook thing, though

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I like it. I just can't help thinking that upper horn would sheer off a nipple or a nut, depending on how high or low you wore it...

:D

11. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    you know, i was kina thinking that i could just suspend it by the hook from my nipple ring, eliminating the need for a strap... :D the goth chicks should dig that, right?

12. Hi.

I tried them at Musikmesse Frankfurt. Very friendly staff. I liked the all-EMG electronics - very clean. The carving is indeed beautifull and I have seen some serious players with these axes. You must have some patience with the e-mail inquiries, but don't worry, you'll get the answer. I might go for a fretless someday.

Have fun and happy new year!

13. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, thanks for the reply, man...i sent them an email a while back...still waiting for a response...do you have any clue on pricing for these basses?

14. I found one in Germany. Prices shouldn't differ much in the US... Price in the store is 1800 Euro. I'll add a picture. It's classic Aries. The store is www.station-music.de. Talk to Lothar for more info.

15. the photo...

16. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    nice....hey, you rule man ;)