Arion Bass Pedals, any good?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Psyrcle, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Psyrcle

Psyrcle Guest

I saw a few on ebay for $10 and I just might get one. Is it worth it?
  2. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    it couldnt be that bad that it wasnt worth $10... thats my logic anyway! it aint gonna blow your mind with tone but it shouldnt blow your speaker either.
  3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    right, it would have to be without any redeeming features whatsoever to not be worth $10
  4. RunBeerRun

RunBeerRun Banned

Mar 10, 2003
    I have the Arion Bass Flanger, and when you direct record with it(I have a Korg Ampworks) and run a dist in front, its metallic and super loud, its actually an original. Its at least good for cheap stuff.

I had the chorus, I could barely hear it.
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The worst thing about Arion pedals is the construction. They are made of poor quality plastic, and do not stand up to repeated use very well. Some of them actually sound pretty decent.
  6. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    did the arion/rocktek mail around pedals idea get off the ground?
  7. LowG

Dec 8, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    So far it's one of my favorite distrortions, and I've tried a bunch...
    My tastes are odd, so take it for what it's worth.

It is quite flimsy - I'm thinking I should have a couple backups for when (not if) it breaks.

It's best setting is with just a touch of the "dist" (gain) knob turned up. All the over the top fuzz with the gain up high isn't that cool, but just a little bit is good. Then adjust the clean and dirty volumes together to suit.
  8. I have never actually tried one, but they had a couple of used ones in a pawn shop. +1 to flimsy looking.
  9. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Check my review of the Arion compressor. ;) Jaw-droppingly bad for its intended purpose, but a real cool find for a lo-fi AM radio effect. I'll probably re-house it.
  10. arion choruses are one of the best out there... but i don't know about other stuff