Arm being odd, this sucks...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by morf, Mar 12, 2006.

1. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    So I seem to have fallen asleep on my arm (right arm) a couple of nights ago, and I feel muscle pain in certain positions. I haven't been able to play to my full potential for two days because of this, my index finger can't seem to move as fast and theres aot of stuff i play poorly compared to how I played it before.

I kinda slaved to get to the level I'm at right now (well, WAS at) and not being able to play as well is really disturbing. Everytime I pick up the bass and start playing it feels odd, not fun one bit, and if I try to force it not only does it sound even worse but its really a big effort.

Doesn't particularly hurt either, but I really feel handicapped. This happen to anyone else?

Hopefully it will get better FAST, and since I'm the persistant type all those hours of playing without being able to do what I want will only make me a better bassist...

Well sorry, but I had to rant, this is really annoying me ;)
  2. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I'd go see a doctor. Two days seem a long time to recover.
  3. It happens to me once in a while, but maybe not that badly. It tends to go away within 2-3 days. If you're really worried, go see a doctor.
  4. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    I lost all feeling in my left arm for a week. It wasn't painfull but literally I had no feeling from my shoulder down to my elbow, someone who thought he was funny decided to punch me and was surprised to see I didn't even flinch, it honestly didn't hurt at all. Whatever it was went away and fortunatley hasn't come back. Freaked me out though, had to play a few waterpolo matches on that arm, fortunatley it wasn't my ball hand, still felt wierd swimming though.
  5. Worse case you might have a problem in your neck. I had my left arm start going a little numb, but the clincher was the fact that I lost some strength in it. Couldn't even push myself up out of a chair with it. Turns out I had a herniated disk in my neck. Sometimes anti-inflam's work, but I ended up having neck surgery. :scowl:

If it keeps up you better see a doc!
  6. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    I'll go see a doctor if it keeps up, I sure hope it doesn't though, its a bit frustrating not being able to play things I used to be able to play somewhat easily...

Well I hope it cools down and its reassuring to see its happened to others before as well. Thanks for your advice :)