Armor for Sleep

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by SuperDuck, Apr 27, 2005.

1. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Anyone checked these guys out? They sound very much like a lot of the other "post-emo-some-metal-riffs-but-still-a-little-poppy" bands (TBS, etc.) that are coming around these days, but they seem to pull it off with a little bit more panache than some of the rest. I dig 'em. They're on Equal Vision, the same label as Coheed and Cambria, for those who are interested.

(I actually went to pick up an At the Drive In cd, but they were out and Armor for Sleep was right there. :D)
  2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I've heard them, I kind of wanted to like them, but they were just missing something, something to pull them over the threshold of being good, to being 'great'.
  3. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I know what you mean. The new cd isn't amazing, but it's definitely worth a listen.
  4. I've only heard a few songs, but I've liked what I've heard.

To be honest I've never understood why everyone likes Equal Vision records so much though...really, the only bands on that label I like are AFS and The Liars Academy. I think Give Up The Ghost was on that label too...I liked them. Coheed, Time In Malta, Bane, Alexisonfire, Vaux, etc....can't get into any of those bands
  5. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Black Cross and Bane are muthafactin' ace.

Don't know about the others on EV, Converge is good, though not my thing.
  6. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    I saw them play with The Starting line and Mae, and yes,they rule.