1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Armoured Cable

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Davidoc, Sep 11, 2000.

1. Does anyone know where I can buy it? Has anyone used it? Any similar alternatives?

2. TCollins

TCollins

Apr 4, 2000
    I am kind of interested in those too. I did see it offered in a Sam Ash catalogue for about $39. If you don't have a catalogue, try http://www.samash.com

:)

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Just curious: what's the sonic advantage of this cable? Is it worth buying without hearing it first?

Will C.:cool:

4. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    I understand they are useful in countries where guerrilla mortar attacks might disrupt a performance and your bass signal.

Can you say - Marketing Gimmick ??

I've never had a cable fail in the middle, so I am a bit skeptical about the necessity to armor them, and I strongly doubt that any shielding effect would improve upon a good quality braided ground.

I understand, however, their sex appeal -- I similarly fell victim to those pretty cloth-covered babies, which are great until they get dirty, get caught up in velcro surfaces, etc.

Maybe what I need is Armored Cable!

Black rubber is soooo boring. ;-)

5. Hehe, I'm mostly getting it for looks and to be different. I do kinda get upset when my amp statics for a sec when I step on the cable; should fix that.

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I tried something like this in the Bass Centre in London - metallic rings covering the cable. I was very impressed with the sound, but it was very expensive and I already have several "high-end" cables which give comparable performance, so I wasn't tempted to buy. If you like the look, they seem to be excellent cables, if they are the same thing, that I tried.

7. JHMAVRO

JHMAVRO

May 29, 2000
    hooksett NH USA
    Ive been sending e-mails to every online music store I could think of trying to find those!!!!!

Thanks TCollins :D