Armoured Cable

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Davidoc, Sep 11, 2000.

1. Does anyone know where I can buy it? Has anyone used it? Any similar alternatives?
  2. TCollins

Apr 4, 2000
    I am kind of interested in those too. I did see it offered in a Sam Ash catalogue for about $39. If you don't have a catalogue, try

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Just curious: what's the sonic advantage of this cable? Is it worth buying without hearing it first?

Will C.:cool:
  4. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    I understand they are useful in countries where guerrilla mortar attacks might disrupt a performance and your bass signal.

Can you say - Marketing Gimmick ??

I've never had a cable fail in the middle, so I am a bit skeptical about the necessity to armor them, and I strongly doubt that any shielding effect would improve upon a good quality braided ground.

I understand, however, their sex appeal -- I similarly fell victim to those pretty cloth-covered babies, which are great until they get dirty, get caught up in velcro surfaces, etc.

Maybe what I need is Armored Cable!

Black rubber is soooo boring. ;-)
  5. Hehe, I'm mostly getting it for looks and to be different. I do kinda get upset when my amp statics for a sec when I step on the cable; should fix that.
  6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I tried something like this in the Bass Centre in London - metallic rings covering the cable. I was very impressed with the sound, but it was very expensive and I already have several "high-end" cables which give comparable performance, so I wasn't tempted to buy. If you like the look, they seem to be excellent cables, if they are the same thing, that I tried.

May 29, 2000
    hooksett NH USA
    Ive been sending e-mails to every online music store I could think of trying to find those!!!!!

Thanks TCollins :D