Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Arnold Evan Schnitzer

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by The Jazz Lawyer, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Anybody know anyhting about a luthier by the name of Arnold Evan Schnitzer? Also, anybody been to his shop lately? Does he sell used basses? Big selection etc? Contact info?

Cheers,

2. Damon Rondeau

Damon Rondeau Journeyman Clam Artist Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
    Sheesh, he was here just a second ago. I know his humorhoids are acting up again....

Seriously, J L, Arnold hangs here. Hard to miss him.

3. arnoldschnitzer

arnoldschnitzer AES Fine Instruments

Feb 16, 2002
    Brewster, NY, USA
    Who?!?

4. Jeff Bollbach

Jeff Bollbach Jeff Bollbach Luthier, Inc.

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    I always thought it was Arnold "Extension" Schnitzer. Oh well, you learn something new everyday at Talkbass.
    I've been to his shop recently. AES has moderate amount of quality "used" and new basses for sale. Honest, personable guy and very few can match his ability to tweak a bass. If you are in the market I would counsel you to seek him out posthaste.

http://www.aesbass.com/index.htm

5. nicklloyd

nicklloyd Supporting Member/Luthier

Jan 27, 2002
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    you mean the German luthier that just bought a farm?

6. arnoldschnitzer

arnoldschnitzer AES Fine Instruments

Feb 16, 2002
    Brewster, NY, USA
    Nick, you're gonna buy the farm!...I ain't no Kraut! (though I love Germany and have personally visited that beautiful country and hold German engineering in the highest regard and believe the German people are a noble and enterprising bunch and think some of their basses are underappreciated though others pretty much bite...)