1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aron's beginner project

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by spidersbass, Sep 22, 2005.

1. spidersbass

spidersbass

Nov 29, 2004
    Downtown L.A.
    for some reason i can't sign in on that forum, and i know many of you guys from TB are on his site aswell (like Niftydog), so i'll ask you guys my question

i just finished getting everything hooked up and got it to work (on my first try, WOOO! :bassist: ), i dont' have a switch, so i just wired everything straight to make sure it works. there's one problem: when i turn the Pot, it only starts boosting my volume after about halfway its spin... whats going on here? how can i fix that? thanks

2. spidersbass

spidersbass

Nov 29, 2004
    Downtown L.A.
    i used a Linear-Taper Pot (with a long shaft that i'ma have to cut down to size), if that helps any.

3. There's been some major probs with the forum in the last week, he's moving hosts - twice - and toying with the idea of changing the forum software. If you're only recently registered there may be a chance that your profile has been lost in the move. Try again, or try re-registering.

Otherwise, I don't know specifically the answer, but it sounds like you have a log taper when perhaps you need a linear taper.

4. spidersbass

spidersbass

Nov 29, 2004
    Downtown L.A.
    i registered a long time ago, just never really used the forum cuz everything that everyone was talking about seemed like they were talking in Finnish, hahah. but now i have a closer idea to what everything means.

actually, i just retried signing in (after the 50TH time) and was finally able to log in! SUH-WEET! i'll ask the question there then

thanks