Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Arpegios...

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Spearhead, Aug 16, 2001.

1. I was wondering if there is a site online that shows arpeggios for most chords (tabbed or written music, doesnt matter). Is there a good book on the subject aswell? Im finding after learning most of my scales and modes and a great deal of theory that arpeggios are extremely important, at least from a bass players standpoint. I know a bunch but some of the less common chords I need help with.

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Do you know the intervals that make up your arpeggioes? I can point you in the direction of a site that has these spelled out for you, but I believe it's much better to figure them out for yourself. I don't mean to be unhelpful, but if you know the notes of the chord, you can play the arpeggioes, as an arpeggio is nothing but a chord where the notes are played individually.

Try reviewing the "chords" section of the link below, and if that makes sense, you should be able to identify your arpeggios.

cLiCk HeRe 4 cOoL sTuFf

3. That is preciseley my problem... the intervals. Sure I know the intervals for major, minor, diminished, and even suspended. But there are a lot of chords im very unfamiliar with. I know most of my scales thats not the problem. Augmented chords and major minors kill me. And in many jazz progressions there are a lot of chords like these, hell there are chords with out the roots in em. I was just looking for like a general dictionary type action of just a bunch of chords that i could go a head and practice. sorry im being bitchy.

4. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    cLiCk HeRe 4 CoOl AbErSoLd StUfF!!!

Check out the above site. The lessons in their all must be downloaded, but you can also order the book, free from Jamey, that has everything in it as well.